Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

996 Spoiler Error Code

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 02:37 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 286 Likes on 197 Posts

Mine goes up higher on one side and I don't get a warning message.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:28 PM
burningpetrol
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I will check everything tomorrow based on all the comments. I've been tied up with work
Old 05-20-2015, 10:31 PM
burningpetrol
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dock
If it does not fully extend above approximately 75 MPH, then you get the dash warning light. The spoiler is not commanded to retract until decelerating through approximately 37 MPH.

Can you manually fully extend the spoiler with the dash switch?
Yes it working fine manually, but after checking briefly it does not look fully extended. I am going to thoroughly diagnose the issue tomorrow, as I've been tied down with work.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:35 PM
burningpetrol
Instructor

Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4
I've collected a ton of data on the factory hydraulic system.

You must be fully extended such that the top microswitch engages. Full extension for a coupe is 2.4", both sides. If the right passenger side is a bit lower, you get a warning. That indicates a fluid leak. If the wing does not fully extend in a certain amount of time, you get a warning. That indicated hydraulic power pack or system issues. If the top microswitch is faulty, they are like a fine Swiss watch inside, you get a warning. Has the system or microswitches been worked on before? Many have I'm finding. I'm seeing all kinds of things, and have a nice collection now of old hydraulic systems in my workshop.

That's why I'm about to launch an all electric replacement kit. Thanks for the "new OEM system" data point on price. I'm coming in less expensive for a better system.

I'm almost there!
Thanks for the advice Dave! I am going to have a look tomorrow and will follow up with what seems to be the issue. Glad to hear you are making a repair kit!

Quick Reply: 996 Spoiler Error Code