Sponsored by:

seat controls

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 07:20 PM
saline
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat controls

My driver's side seat stopped working (2004TT). I checked the fuse and swapped it with the right-hand side seat, and it made no difference. None of the controls work; up, down, forward, backward tilt...nothing. I assume it is a connector under the seat, but the seat is all the way back and I can't get to the rear holddown bolts very easily. Can I get to any of the connectors without removing the seats? What connectors should I be looking for? Any other things I should check?
Old 05-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by saline
My driver's side seat stopped working (2004TT). I checked the fuse and swapped it with the right-hand side seat, and it made no difference. None of the controls work; up, down, forward, backward tilt...nothing. I assume it is a connector under the seat, but the seat is all the way back and I can't get to the rear holddown bolts very easily. Can I get to any of the connectors without removing the seats? What connectors should I be looking for? Any other things I should check?
All I can offer is when I talked to a tech about what to do about a dead seat that one wasn't able to get to the guts of the seat he said the seat adjustment motor is disconnected and the seat moved by using a drill motor to spin the shaft that moves the seat in order to move the seat to a better position to then get a the bolts to remove the seat to trouble shoot the problem.

Quick Reply: seat controls