Won my 996t on eBay, anybody know it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 09:15 AM
cburke996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, looks like a beauty!

Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty
Ranges?/Hours? What is this info? The ECU records hours? Like a boat? Please elaborate.
The ECU records how many hours are on the engine. It also records over revs into 2 categories, 1 and 2. It records the number of ignition counts sustained and the engine hour of the most recent #1 and #2 over rev.

Range 1 are common and not a big deal...it means the engine hit the rev limiter

Range 2 people do not like to see...it indicates a mechanical overrev, past the limiter. From downshifting too aggressively usually. However, a car with a flashed ECU often has a raised rev limit, and any time the new rev limit is hit the ECU thinks it is a range 2 overrev. It doesn't necessarily mean the car was abused and driven improperly.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Keep in mind a type 2 could become evident if you acquire a tune that has increased the rev limiter, of which a lot do! The bad type 2 's are those that are due to misshifts on downshifting or just a bad calculation on downshifting speed. These put a tremendous load on the timing chains etc!
Old 05-11-2015, 04:29 PM
Blswan
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

Attached is a screen shot if the diagnostics report. I just got the car today. Its awesome! Exterior is a 9.5 out of 10. No dings dents of any kind. A few small (very small) chips in the front bumper. Front spoiler has a blemish but I already screwed it up more trying to go up my steep driveway LOL. I will post some pictures after I give it a bath.

Interior arm rest and ash tray have some scuffs and a small scuff on the dash. Otherwise, interior is pretty good. Probably a 7.5 out of 10.

Overall, I am very happy for the money I paid. I looked locally for awhile and this one cost less, has way less miles, and looks better. Interior could be a little nicer, but its fair for the price!
Attached Images  
Old 05-11-2015, 04:45 PM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Good buy for the money.
Congrats!

Quick Reply: Won my 996t on eBay, anybody know it?