Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wing mount

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 10:29 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys it's been a while since I posted in the 996 section. We have been working on our 4th gen part/ project that was supposed to be for my 997 GT3 but I don't think I'll be feasible t o use, and big thanks to cliff from Florida (( 997owner) whom made the idea click--) but it would be for you guys in the 996 and the 997 turbos. I am seeking for a local whom is interested in testing out the beta version I would like to have some access to the vehicle to test that mechanism as well. preference will be given to 996 owners and also those who have purchased our EB werks products prior. The product is designed for those who track but if you don't you can also take advantage of it and there will be a dumb down versions I for those who don't track and don't want extra expense. Hint the McLaren P1 inspired me to make it happen. Priority will be given to the following. Prior customers, local, and track . P.m. works best as I hardly check threads these days.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:09 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bump.

For those whom don’t know me, I’m one of the founders of ebwerks : ) . We have been selling standoff replacement oem wing mounts for about 7 years.
I have noticed that the eramkit(kudos) has picked up traction at such high price point. As my post from above, 2 years old. I have already designed the kit, however after pricing out cost of manufacturing, 100% custom designed parts, not off the shelf stuff, MSRP of the unit is at about were the eram kit is priced at and me personally, I didn’t think there was a market at that price point, hence i shelved the project. I have been proven wrong. Time to dust the blue prints out.
So here’s the scoop. The unit, will look OEM. Extremely difficult to accomplish, hence custom parts. It will go up and down like the oem unit, however it will also function as an air-brake like the McLaren p1, Mercedes SLR, La Ferrari, etc.
If I were to put this into manufacturing, (will have to check with suppliers again on pricing), at about ~2k, what’re the “wish list”, in terms of when the wing should go up and down? At what speeds would you like the air brake functionality to start working OR should I leave this dependent for a customer to select PRIOR to shipping out? Would you prefer one single angle of attach when hitting the brakes OR multiple progressive algorithm like a P1? Any other input are welcome.

Enrique
Old 06-05-2017, 10:27 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,431 Posts

IMHO the wing should go up at 75mph and down at 37mph just like OEM. Have the air brake work within the same speed range and have it actuate all the way on or all the way off. No progression.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:46 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 114 Posts

Enrique I think we may have emailed about this a while ago with some of my other aero project ideas... I'll find some of my notes when I was working on this and email to you if you'd like since I don't have the resources to make this happen like I had hoped.. I was designing a multiple algorithm system that had various angle of attack based on speed, also incorporated manual DRS in case need to flatten the wing early on a long straight after a slow turn, and the airbrake as well. The dash button would raise the wing to a "race mode" height/cleaner air similar to P1 feature. I was basing mine off of a GT2 decklid/wing rather than OEM though so my ideas may not translate directly to your plan.

Chris.

Quick Reply: Wing mount