Sponsored by:

996 TT and C4S LED Tail Light Thread-

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 03:21 PM
DELREYCUSTOMS
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996 TT and C4S LED Tail Light Thread-

A while back you were interested in 996TT led tail lights for your Porsche.

The good news is they are available and Slider gave me his list to reach out to people to let them know they are available as well as the side markers and LED 3rd brake lights.

I would like to invite you to check them out if you are still interested. Here is the link:

https://delreycustoms.myshopify.com/...6-led-lighting

We also have a nice selection of 3rd brake lights in 3 finishers to match up with the lights and LED side markers to offer as well. The side markers are available in amber or white led.

Thanks for your time.
Saturn
Any questions email me Saturndrcmedia@gmail.com

videos Oem vs DRC lights

red/clear

red/smoke

black smoke
Old 02-09-2015, 08:48 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

To bad they didn't look like 991 tail lights, I hate the look of all those round bulbs.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:58 PM
split71
Racer

I think they look good (at least the red clear). But for $835, I will certainly pass. At that price point you'll fulfill your order, but for people who are passive about modifications like this, it's hard to justify $835 for tail lights...
Old 02-10-2015, 11:22 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually like the original look better, much less cluttered. But that's just me. Good luck with your enterprise.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:19 PM
timmhaines
Instructor

Is there a brake light out in this picture? https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink Top pic is brakes on lower brakes off
I had looked and even the book only shows a 1157 in one socket only, isn't only the inner bulb for brakes, or should another bulb be coming on too.Have had someone tell me the brake bulb is out. Almost want to get two more dual 1157 sockets and change out the tail light sockets.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:52 PM
Blswan
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

Those are awesome. They definitely update the car. Price is high sure, but market is small and I'm sure the r&d costs weren't cheap. Nice job!
Old 03-24-2015, 09:08 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

believe me when i say it's a lot easier to justify the admittedly "high cost" of those when the tabs on your existing oems are all but falling apart. my choice was simple as i was going to need to replace them anyway. oems aren't any cheaper.

i have the smoked/red which hide the HIDEOUSLY gaudy row of three awkwardly placed reflectors that are on the very bottom of the lens internally, perfectly. they look incredible, are far safer in my estimation than the stockers given the led's relative brightness, and i get favorable comments on them often. even at stoplights?!

the red/clear or full clear ( though by contrast are hideously BRIGHT ) in a "lexus silver taillight" kind of way. i'd steer clear of that color option lol
Old 03-24-2015, 05:20 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
...far safer in my estimation than the stockers given the led's relative brightness...
I really dislike LEDs, especially on the back of cars/trucks. When I pull up behind an LED car at night, I put my visor down so I don't have to be overwhelmed by all the brightness. Drivers are supposed to come off of their highbeams when approaching another car. I think there should be a limit on total brightness emitted from the back of vehicles for the same safety reason.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:30 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Originally Posted by Dock
I really dislike LEDs, especially on the back of cars/trucks. When I pull up behind an LED car at night, I put my visor down so I don't have to be overwhelmed by all the brightness. Drivers are supposed to come off of their highbeams when approaching another car. I think there should be a limit on total brightness emitted from the back of vehicles for the same safety reason.
well dock i would never accuse you of hyperbole, but i think you might be overstating their brightness just a tad

i think ( as do others that have seen them live ) they look swell

plus i see their brightness as a bonus, as i find often that pickup trucks ( why pickups!? ) like to ride my A** and it bothers me and i'm prone to quick stabs of the brakes in a usually successful effort to deter it

it works even better now lol
Old 03-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

well dock i would never accuse you of hyperbole, but i think you might be overstating their brightness just a tad....
Well just reference your pick-up comment.

Red LEDs are obxoxious. That doesn't make them safer than normal rear lights.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:34 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Well just reference your pick-up comment.

Red LEDs are obxoxious. That doesn't make them safer than normal rear lights.
Which aspect would you like me to reference? I stated I liked the fact they are "brighter" so I have no complaint.

Your judgment they are "obnoxious" is entirely subjective, and its yours and possibly others. Doesn't make it "so". Its just an aesthetic and completely arbitrary judgement.

I get it. You don't like them.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:49 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Which aspect would you like me to reference?
Reference your observation regarding their impact on trucks following you.

IMO they are unsafe for those following because they are way too bright. Reference my headlight analogy.

I seriously think states should limit the level of LED light emitted from the back of cars and trucks.

Additionally, I think states should limit the level of non-high beam light emitted from the front of vehicles. I see lots of vehicles with more than two total lights in the front that emmit way more light on low beams than normal vehicles do on high beams. Many of these vehicles have normal headlights that are pretty high off the ground, pointing directly at your eyes (bad enough by themselves), with an additional two lights down low, normally not pointed well, adding to the total illumination; WAY bright for oncoming traffic.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:26 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Reference your observation regarding their impact on trucks following you.
dock, i said that was in my estimation a "bonus"! you can hardly expect me to help you in making your argument they are "too" bright, when i see that as an added value added aspect of them!? geez, hello critical thinking!

IMO they are unsafe for those following because they are way too bright. Reference my headlight analogy.
au contraire, i find them to be SAFER for the very reasons i stated! and in opposition to your complaint. far as i know? they are DOT certified, and if so? i think it best we leave that to them to make the judgement, as to their "relative" safety, shall we?! but that being said, i fully agree that HEADLAMPS in ONCOMING traffic being too bright is indeed a serious safety hazard. my complaint of them is in full agreement with you, and has more to do with the double lamps of todays sport bikes. THAT i find to be dangerous as i reside in a nat'l park with nothing but 50+ mph two lane blacktop. at night it can be exceedingly dangerous, but again, brights on or the double lamps headlamps. NOT taillamps! LOL

I seriously think states should limit the level of LED light emitted from the back of cars and trucks.

Additionally, I think states should limit the level of non-high beam light emitted from the front of vehicles. I see lots of vehicles with more than two total lights in the front that emmit way more light on low beams than normal vehicles do on high beams. Many of these vehicles have normal headlights that are pretty high off the ground, pointing directly at your eyes (bad enough by themselves), with an additional two lights down low, normally not pointed well, adding to the total illumination; WAY bright for oncoming traffic.
i couldn't agree more with the exception being, i do NOT favor greater legislation of "most" kinds, as i am quite certain we are being regulated out of our freedoms on too many levels, and if it comes to lighting over added legislation of ANY kind vis a vis car/bike lights?? i'll squint, thanks very much. but i "see" your point(s), and agree with the front of it, just not the tail. lol
Old 03-25-2015, 01:30 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

dock, i said that was in my estimation a "bonus"!
Why do you think the trucks back off when you fan your brakes and light up the LEDs?

you can hardly expect me to help you in making your argument they are "too" bright, when i see that as an added value added aspect of them!?
But you have helped me.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:41 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

But you have helped me.
after many years of pointless jousting with you over some of the most nonsensical verbiage i have ever found myself engaged, i have had no option other than to conclude very simply, that you cannot BE helped. but lord knows, it wont have been for lack of trying lol

as to my rear taillights? they are as bright as ever! and i LOVE THEM lol.

you should try them while backing down a country lane on a very darkly lit evening with no moonlight or artificial source of ANY other light in view. they are MAGNIFICENTLY bright! if for ONLY those brief awkward backward, fully hunched over? backwards/over(?) the front seat leering/peering backwards as best one can, out the rear while backing up at night. i know you know what i mean! they are BRIGHT! these would be the reverse lights of which i speak

Quick Reply: 996 TT and C4S LED Tail Light Thread-