Keo
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks pretty nice for the price if you ask me!! Check this out:

Old 04-21-2017, 12:19 PM
clsund1
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Manzo which was on the car when I bought it. I don't hear much drone above 80, in fact, it's pretty quiet. maybe I got lucky?
Old 09-01-2017, 11:36 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,463 Posts

Helped a friend install a Manzo catback on a 987.1 Cayman a few years ago... Decent stainless, nice welds, fitment needed a bit of fiddling and grinding on one of the supplied brackets to get a good fit, but fitment worked out nicely. Way more exhaust bends on a Cayman than a 996TT! Zero instructions... you get your parts, you figure it out!

Everyone was pleased. Sounded great and was very inexpensive. No issues as long as he had it, and every time I drove it, I thought it sounded as nice as much more expensive exhausts.

Only downside is the tips on the Cayman stuck out a bit farther than stock, and looking at the 996 Turbo fitment, might have the same issue.

Fitment on the Turbo seems pretty clean, likely because it is just such a simple setup.

Pricewise, the only thing cheaper is taking a unibit to your stock exhaust ;-) $534 for the Manzo 996 Turbo version.

The guy who did the fitment video above posted another one a few months ago comparing sound. I expected it to be pretty obnoxious, as it has minimal baffling and no cats, but it actually sounds pretty decent in the video, no?

Last edited by pfbz; 09-02-2017 at 12:25 AM.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:36 PM
Keo
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree. It seems to sound pretty awesome from the videos!
Old 09-07-2017, 03:06 PM
mark_schnell
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The drone might be related to my car more than the exhaust. After going back to stock exhaust, and being hyper-sensitized to the specific RPM range where the drone was happening with the Manzo's (2200-2400), I hear a milder version of it with the stock exhaust too. I tried having Dynamat installed in the car, but apparently didn't hit the thing that's causing the drone. They mentioned that I have an aftermarket subwoofer. I'm almost ready to pull apart the car and put Dynamat on every metal surface... Then maybe I can put the custom Manzo-based exhaust back on without destroying my eardrums.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:23 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,463 Posts

Originally Posted by mark_schnell
The drone might be related to my car more than the exhaust....They mentioned that I have an aftermarket subwoofer.
Seems like a tuned subwoofer box could certainly create some unpleasant resonant frequencies from either sound or mechanical vibrations... Don't know how easy it is to remove, but if removing the subwoofer driver is easier than removing the hole box, remove the driver and stuff the cavity temporarily with whatever, pillow, towels, foam, and see if it changes the drone...

Quick Reply: Manzo Exhaust?