Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum-61/)
-   -   Advice sought - I'm ordering a TT Cab! (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum/79631-advice-sought-im-ordering-a-tt-cab.html)

MMH 07-23-2003 07:32 PM

Advice sought - I'm ordering a TT Cab!

I'm putting in an order for the TT cab this saturday and would like some feedback.

The biggest question I'm wrestling with is color... I currently have an arctic silver boxster. While I love the color, I want something different. My favorite is a color that hasn't been made in 10+ years -- a beautiful light silvery blue. I've been thinking about Lapis, midnight blue or even the oriental red. Anyone have any feedback on the maintenance of midnight blue (swirls showing etc.)? Any other feedback on options or things I should consider?

I'm thinking about:
- savannah or natural leather interior
- deviating black for carpet
- lumbar support
- navigation system / xenon lights (which I think are standard)
- walnut interior (full or small not sure yet)
- car cover
- and best of all SNOW TIRES (it would arrive in Jan / Feb!!!)

Thanks,
Martin

msindi 07-23-2003 09:50 PM

Get lapis - natural leather (savannah is too yellowy!!!) - blue carpet.
Dont get lumbar, get sports seats with painted back instead (they even have fully electrical sport seats now). Nav is not standard, xenons are.
Stay away from midnight as unlike lapis, it is a non-metallic color and will need extra care to keep it shiny.
my 2 cents (I might be ordering a trple black TT cab - talking to dealer about what we can do with my X50!!).

03-C4S 07-23-2003 11:05 PM

How about a white TT cab, I think that would look beautiful. If you do decide with blue, go with lapis, I agree with msindi. I would stay away from the wanut, kind of takes away from the sportiness of the car, I would go for aluminum if anything. Good luck, sounds like a beauty.

GuyR 07-23-2003 11:49 PM

Ahhhh! Walnut - no....!

Wood is for Jaguars and Rolls-Royces, not Porsches. Get some Carbon or Aluminium instead........

Guy

Fozzy 07-24-2003 05:37 AM

Current GT2 is in midnight blue with black interior - it is actually metallic (apologies to msindi), and a bit more subtle than Lapis, almost purple in some lights. Really lovely colour. Last C2 was in basalt, and was a nightmare to keep clean - the midnight shows up less dust, and no problems at all with polishing.

I'm personally not a fan of the Porsche nav systems, and an aftermarket VDO Dayton system fits perfectly in the space below the climate controls. Don't know about local coverage in the States, but its an impressive bit of kit and definitely worth considering.

The trauma over the spec will keep you sleepless for nights.....!

LSM 07-24-2003 06:32 AM

Have you thought about Polar Silver. You indicated you like the blusih silver color, if I am not mistaken, that is exactly what Polar Silver is. It has a bluish tint.

-Lou

noony 07-24-2003 08:14 AM

Yep, although polar silver is getting quite common these days(only because it's a nice colour and lots of people like it). How about cobalt blue? It's a blue that's ''different''. However, the most ''different'' blue has to riviera. Now that would be awesome! With savannah, aluminium will go well. Don't really know what would go with natural...But anything over walnut!

bgainey 07-24-2003 09:14 AM

Ditch factory nav uses CD's, go with Alpine with a flip out screen uses one DVD for the whole country.

:D

MMH 07-24-2003 09:17 AM

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. It's helpful. Do any of you have pictures of your cars with the aluminum interior? With polar silver, a black interior would probably look best, right?

msindi 07-24-2003 09:19 AM

Just spoke to my dealer and....PCM II is stnadard on the cab!!

MMH 07-24-2003 09:23 AM

Also - does anyone have any thoughts or pics of Lapis with Graphite Grey interior? I'm thinking about that as well with a deviating met blue carpet, upper dash/instrument and wheel. Any thoughts on stitching on seats, door panels?

thanks for the feedback!

msindi 07-24-2003 09:43 AM

Blue stitiching s awesome and bue seat belts...My X50 is in service this week so I have my friend's 02 Lapis TT with black interior, Alu look large, Carbon sterring gershift and handbrake, blue back sport seats, blue belts and blue stitching and it is really nice...

20C4S 07-24-2003 09:55 AM

msindi,
if the PCM II is standard on the cab, i assume it's also standard on 04 TT coupe?

i want a slate grey TT cab. think it would look sharp with black roof :D

Alfie 07-24-2003 10:13 AM

PCM II is not listed as being standard on the 04 Coupe, just the Cab.

ltc 07-25-2003 01:21 PM

MMH,
I have an 01 996TT, Lapis Blue, Graphite Grey with deviating carpet and stitching in Metropol Blue, center console painted to match body color (Lapis Blue) and the light wood kit (all factory).

Please email me if you would like me to send pics.
FWIW, I get nothing but compliments whenever I take the car out.