Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

East Bay (San Fran) Suspension / Alignment shop?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 08:39 PM
zblake
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default East Bay (San Fran) Suspension / Alignment shop?

Hey 996TT'ers,

Does anyone one know of a good suspension / alignment shop in the East Bay area of SF? Preferably deep East Bay like Livermore, Walnut Creek, Concord, etc. I'm in Brentwood....

While I'm at it, how about a good independent Porsche workshop. Tired of driving ~50-60 miles. And in the event of a catastrophic issue, it would be nice to not have a $200 tow involved...

Thanks in advance.
Z
Old 06-09-2013, 10:10 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

i can't imagine being in your neck of the woods.. and not making friends with sharkwerks. on rep alone. also, get the aaa platinum whatever for a hundred bucks, and youre good for 200 mile flatbed tow gratis. more times a year than you'll need it.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:29 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Milpitas... TC Design... Tony does all gt3's gt2's and turbos whom are in the know / end thread.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:40 AM
francars
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If Sharkwerks or TC (btw both great!!!) are too far for you try these 2
- Valhalla in Lafayette
- http://pacificpowermotorsports.com/ - in Walnut Creek
Old 06-10-2013, 02:15 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by zblake
Hey 996TT'ers,

Does anyone one know of a good suspension / alignment shop in the East Bay area of SF? Preferably deep East Bay like Livermore, Walnut Creek, Concord, etc. I'm in Brentwood....

While I'm at it, how about a good independent Porsche workshop. Tired of driving ~50-60 miles. And in the event of a catastrophic issue, it would be nice to not have a $200 tow involved...

Thanks in advance.
Z
Not an indy but I have my cars serviced at Porsche of Livermore. Very good service and with my PCA membership I get a discount on parts/supplies.

The service department does my alignments when I have new tires installed and other things, like oil/filter services, plugs and repairs. None of my cars have required any suspension work but I have seen cars in for aftermarket suspension hardware installation. I asked and when (if) I want to have aftermarket hardware installed I was told they'd do it for my Turbo or my Boxster.

You're about as close to Stead Porsche in Walnut Creek as you are to Livermore, too. Good place, Stead. I used Stead before Livermore Porsche opened up.

There are some indies in the area. I used one a few times back in 2004. Stopped. The shop did a good job on a wheel bearing on my Boxster, but I didn't like the fact it refused to let me supply the right oil insisting it would use the oil it supplied: 15w-50.

Someone recommended a shop in Pleasanton. I think it is SaS German Auto on California Ave. I've never used it.

I never get my car into Fremont or points west or south for service any more so I have nothing to offer in those areas.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:30 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 362 Posts

http://www.rogerkrausracing.com/
Old 06-10-2013, 02:37 PM
zblake
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks guys!

Sharkwerks did most of the upgrades/modification on the car so yes, know them.

Looking for alignment/corner balancing so thanks a lot.

As for the shop stuff, I'll check in with the suggestions. Just looking for a near source to deal with non-mod and repair/service stuff I can't handle (wheel bearings, stuff like that).

Thanks again guys!
Z
Old 06-11-2013, 02:23 AM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

+1 for TC Design. They also build some fantastic rollbars.

Quick Reply: East Bay (San Fran) Suspension / Alignment shop?