Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay Style Chin Spoiler Installed (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 05:13 PM
mbaran
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got mine (xcessmotors), and all of the holes for the tabs along the top are either closed or have pretty heavy flashing.

Do those need to be totally opened up before installing? I would think a dremel or even a sharp utility knife would make quick work of it.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:57 PM
moburki
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

RClurg stated that the cutouts need not be through, as long as they are cup shaped (thanks btw). So I tried, and it does work with flashing in the cutouts. However, I believe that the cutouts would help the lip to "snap" more positively in place. Is everyone getting flashing in their cutouts? What sellers have lips with proper molds to provide OE like cut outs?
Old 01-29-2018, 08:25 PM
mbaran
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just jammed mine in. As moburki said, there's not a lot of "snap" but it does seem snug. The end caps are a bitch to pull over as well, I used a big flat 4" putty knife to help.

The only thing I had to cut/trim was the top edge was too "deep" in some areas, so it didn't sit as flush to the bumper as it needed to. I trimmed some away with a sanding barrel on a dremel and got it to sit nice and flush.

All in all it's fine for $68 shipped, since I know by next year I'll need a new one.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:34 PM
Turbopun
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on my 2nd eBay lip. Agree with others that it can be a bit fiddly to install, especially on the ends. I had to use a screwdriver to get it to stretch enough to pop around the end, and over the screw hole.

On a semi related note, does anyone know of a similar source for the C4S lip? I like the look, and would like to try it out.

Quick Reply: Ebay Style Chin Spoiler Installed (pics)