Sponsored by:

New to me SY TT

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:57 AM
dacbap
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Al Z
No scam, the previous owner was great to deal with. He took great care of the car in the five years he owned it.
The upgrades were done at orbit racing, I do have all the receipts for the work performed. Very nicely set up car.
Thanks for the positive response,
Al Z
+1 Orbit, they do all the work on my car, 1st class operation
Old 02-08-2013, 02:22 PM
jeffbarn
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice

Very nice! I too had looked at that one, then found one closer, many more miles, but also more fixes of common problems (accumulator and slave) and wear items (less than 7K on new clutch, less than 2K on new rotors/brakes), and no mods other than B&M short shift (which I did not like and changed to 997 std shift). I had also seen a similar SY one that had a very low "buy it now price" (I think only $42K with something like 30K miles) on ebay in Indiana at the end of Dec, but before I could decide, someone jumped on the buy it now.

I was flexible on color (other than silver, which I like, just too common, and black: have M5 in Black). Ended up with an 03 in midnight blue with Cinnamon Brown interior.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Since the car was upgraded at Orbit racing, all I can say it was done right. This facility is top notch and cannot say enough about Roger and his crew. The shop is so clean you can eat off the floor. He has done some work on my car, and is by far the most knowledgable and fair guy you can deal with . Congrats,!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Al Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Kevinmacd,

I also spoke with Roger from Orbit racing before I pulled the trigger. Very nice person, took the time to tell me about the car. Made it an easy decision to fly in from Indiana and drive the car back.
Al Z

Quick Reply: New to me SY TT