996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2GT2RS IC's which boost hoses?

Old 01-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Remote
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.2GT2RS IC's which boost hoses?

Currently getting 997.2GT2RS intercoolers fitted to my 996 T.

Which boost hoses will fit these coolers the best?? What modifications are needed to have a tight fit, I'm finding it hard to gather info on this. Some people say if it fits the standard 996 intercooler then it will fit the 997's. however some other people claim that the fit is not perfect.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Joe731
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just upgraded to 997.2GT2RS ICs and Forge hoses. Two of the hose couplings needed to be modified to fit the output side of the ICs. The problem with fit was that the 997.2 GT2RS IC's have an inner centering ring that would not accomodate the thickness of the Forge coupling's wall.

I posted some more detail and pics here: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...rge-hoses.html

Not a big mod to make them fit, but mod needed

Also, there is a really well done DIY on mods that you need to do to the upper and lower ducts to make the 997.2 ICs fit the ducting.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,697 Likes on 988 Posts

Exactly what joe posted above. You have to have the forge hose ends machined to enlarge the inside diameter. This is what I posted on 6spd. The Oem hoses are a perfect fit. Just clip in and go. I've had both the forge and Oem and there is zero performance to be gained with the forge at 1.2-1.5 bar unless you need some color bling in the engine bay.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:47 PM
BOBBYFALI
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by powdrhound
Exactly what joe posted above. You have to have the forge hose ends machined to enlarge the inside diameter. This is what I posted on 6spd. The Oem hoses are a perfect fit. Just clip in and go. I've had both the forge and Oem and there is zero performance to be gained with the forge at 1.2-1.5 bar unless you need some color bling in the engine bay.
Did you notice a power difference going to the 997.2 GT2 intercoolers?

Do you have any timed 60-130 difference or dyno (the for-mentioned is preferred being dyno does not mean much on these cars expecially intercoolers)?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,697 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBBYFALI
Did you notice a power difference going to the 997.2 GT2 intercoolers?

Do you have any timed 60-130 difference or dyno (the for-mentioned is preferred being dyno does not mean much on these cars expecially intercoolers)?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
I can't say that I noticed anything on the street but then again I don't hammer the car on the street. On the track, yes. It's a quantifiable difference. It's not that the car makes more power but rather that the power does not drop off due to thermal saturation. I run at a high altitude (+5000ft) and hot (+90F) track and the stock ICs would be good for a lap or two before the power would start going south. With the GT2RS IC the car runs just about as strong at the end of a 25 min session as it does at the beginning. Even though the 997.2 IC may not flow as high as some of the other coolers, they are particularly good at quick thermal recovery without heat saturation. This is particularly important for track work. For $1K, these things are a proven no brainer...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 997.2GT2RS IC's which boost hoses?