Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum-61/)
-   -   Sad day, happy day......... (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum/665479-sad-day-happy-day.html)

LVDell 11-16-2011 04:05 PM

Sad day, happy day.........

3 Attachment(s)
The Turbo just left Raleigh for its' new destination......Sunny Miami!

Was a pleasure to meet Ed. Wishing him many happy miles ahead in this amazing machine.

Here are a few pics of Ed picking up the car (he's in the car, not the guy walking in front) :jumper:, us grabbing a burger and beer :cheers: before his trip home, and then him leaving. :crying:

I'll let him post up his own intro to the forum and his travels back home.

I'll still be here as I have enjoyed thoroughly sharing this experience with y'all.

Time to start the search for the next car.....................

Global Auto Sports 11-16-2011 04:35 PM

Dell, not sure if your looking for a 911 to replace your 911 but if you are...we have quite the selection of rare and well maintained 911's. Here is a link to our inventory: Porsche 911 For Sale

TheBucketOfTruth 11-16-2011 04:52 PM

What kind of stuff are you looking at for a replacement?

LVDell 11-16-2011 05:53 PM

Haven't quite figured it out yet. Initially, the goal was to also sell my wife's cab and then get a Turbo cab. However, she is having second thoughts (AGAIN!!!) about letting her cab go :surr:

So right now I am going to wait it out a month or two and see what she thinks over the holiday and if she decides to keep her cab I am going to probably start looking at 997 Turbos and 996/997 GT3's. I don't want to start the search just yet for fear of finding something I "have to have" and then not being ready to pull the trigger.

Being Porscheless is NO FUN! And no, my wife's cab doesn't count since it is hers. Daddy needs a replacement and soon before he has to check himself into rehab.

"02996ttx50 11-16-2011 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by LVDell (Post 9030015)
Being Porscheless is NO FUN!.

i empathize with your dilemma. i went for a couple of weeks in between tt's this past summer and was jonesing for boost :eek:. the 997t must be on your list. it's in my future for sure.

good luck with whatever ya end up with. after seeing your car on here and all you did to it, the buyer's gonna enjoy the hell out of it.

Hoosier_Daddy 11-16-2011 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by LVDell (Post 9030015)
So right now I am going to wait it out a month or two and see what she thinks over the holiday

... yea right. :D

Good luck sleeping.

Land Jet 11-16-2011 07:14 PM

Good luck in your search Dell.

SSST 11-16-2011 07:32 PM

Ed got a great car.

Good luck on waiting. I travel during the week and by Thursday afternoon I get cravings for boost.

Let the search begin.

LVDell 11-16-2011 08:22 PM

Heck, I was up at 4am this morning questioning my decision to sell her! Glad I got to meet Ed today and spend the afternoon with him as he is a true enthusiast and will really take good care of her.

Sleep is something I don't get much anyway with a 2 and 4 year old so I get to jones even more for finding the replacement. The wait to make a decision is going to drive me nuts......ARGH!!!!

rage2 11-16-2011 08:44 PM

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/dr...g-black-series

It's like a GT3, but with 4 real seats.

LVDell 11-16-2011 08:47 PM

Droooooool. However, I'd put 125K toward a 997 GT3 RS.2 over a Benz.

Hoosier_Daddy 11-16-2011 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by LVDell (Post 9030510)
Droooooool. However, I'd put 125K toward a 997 GT3 RS.2 over a Benz.

You come out to look -- I'll buy you lunch and then we can see about beating up the sales guy into shaving 9k.

http://www.paulmillerporsche.com/pre...6BS783093.html

LVDell 11-16-2011 09:52 PM

Already got the big hell no from the wife for even thinking about spending that kind of coin on a car. Budget is probably a max of 75k

Receiver 11-16-2011 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50 (Post 9030119)
i empathize with your dilemma. i went for a couple of weeks in between tt's this past summer and was jonesing for boost :eek:. the 997t must be on your list. it's in my future for sure.

good luck with whatever ya end up with. after seeing your car on here and all you did to it, the buyer's gonna enjoy the hell out of it.

Best way to solve the going without is to have 2. I drove Sally after selling my C4S and before finding Lucy. ;)

Good luck with your search Dell. Sounds like 997turbo money.

2K7TTMIA 11-16-2011 10:59 PM

Whoa, Dell. Fast congrats on your 3000th post +, and on a monumental occasion. :cheers:

Let me start by saying Dell was professional throughout the entire deal; from the first pm I sent him, until I confirmed I was headed to Cary, NC with one mission in mind.
Honestly, his (now mine) 996TT is one of the best maintained 996TT's I EVER will come across. Dell found a solid car, with CPO, and not only installed some of the best "non-mods", but took care of the entire car from top to bottom, front to back, as if it was purchased new from the dealer.

I have managed to enjoy the drive from his 'hood to Savannah with ease. Got into some boost and triple digits to bring a quick smile and to get me out of traffic. I was keeping an eye out for deer, due to the fact that I saw three before I was even an hour outside of Raleigh.
What else can I say about Dell's car? The thing is documented from the day he picked it up(April 2010, IIRC) until now. I, am not going to do anything right now...except maybe the rear turbo badge, front badge, .....oil change, serpentine belt, ...then a couple other ideas in mind.
I did ask for the Sport Technos to be mounted; it looks very "stock", (very loose interpretation). Lol.
I also purchased the TR wheels which I will do some creative thinking with and mount some nice MIchelins on. For later.

Onward and upward....Dell has a great license plate that he let me use on the drive down...alot of meaning
and of all things...the Motto for North Carolina............FIRST IN FLIGHT..