Sponsored by:

Porsche 996 TT for sale $29.5K Tip 105K on the clock

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 12:25 PM
porscheforfun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos
Pics Pics Pics There is a Jag XK in my garage because this car was not around when I was looking but...
I tried adding pics will not let. Me not sure why maybe i have to wait a day or two for the payment of the premier membership to go thru
Old 10-28-2011, 03:10 PM
ploglet
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe make use of a www.Tumblr.com account for hosting some images for free?
Old 10-28-2011, 03:13 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing fishy here just want to get rid of the car , not desperate either . Just passing on a nice car.
Cool, GLWS!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:21 PM
porscheforfun
Instructor

Originally Posted by jbossolo
Cool, GLWS!
Thanks really appriciate everyones input. I have contact everyone back that has asked questions everyone wants to give me $24 or $25. Cmon guys its already low we all know its worth at least my asking price
Old 10-29-2011, 02:20 PM
RXDOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porscheforfun
Thanks really appriciate everyones input. I have contact everyone back that has asked questions everyone wants to give me $24 or $25. Cmon guys its already low we all know its worth at least my asking price
***Your post from may 2011***
guys ,

I am so damn excited !!! I feel like a little kid at Christmas. I will post pics. as soon as my check clears to the seller . 2001 tt 996 100k miles original owner , silver tip with carbon fiber brake handle and shifter. Supple leather . price 24k did I jump the gun or whats this a decent price .

All stock except what was added at the dealer he had the invoice it was 130k new

Hope you were not offended by the low offers. People on this board seem to take low offers very personally, like it is an insult. Looks like the previous owner of your car was OK with the low-ball price! He wasn't taken advantage of. Asking price is just that, asking price. A car like this is worth only as much as someone is willing to pay.
Good luck with the sale.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:25 PM
porscheforfun
Instructor

Im not really sure what your getting at , that was his price when i bought it. As you can see in my previous post I started with 105k on the clock and the car still has 105k on the clock. Like i said i dont drive it. Just because i bought it low at that price doent mean i will sell it at the same price. The rims exhaust relacement parts total way beyond my asking price. I inderstand 96% or more here bought theres at a higher price and of course it has to do with mods milage and other factors. If i decide to sell and move forward i think i should sell locally it just seems eaiser. But i agree its what someone is willing to pay. At the time when i bought mine i thought these cars are mot worth more than $30000 apparently it looks like this is becoming true
Old 10-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Simi_911
Advanced

I agree with you porscheforfun, just because you bought it with a significant discount, does not mean you have to pass on the savings to your new buyer. However, cars depreciate and rarely do they ever appreciate in such a short time. Someone seeing that you bought it very low and are now letting it go in such short time has to question why? Now you bring up that your total replacement parts for it is greater than $5K? I replaced my rims (didn't like chrome) for under $800 for 4 and I can get an used stock muffler for under $250. Post pictures and be forth coming and you'll eventually sell.

A friend of mine gave me advice that I will consider each and every time I buy used. When buying an used car, you are buying the problems with it. A car that has been owned for a couple of years by the previous owner is preferred since any problems should be apparent by now (that's why many prefer 1 owner cars). Hopefully a PPI will detect unknown problems or hidden problems. It's all a gamble when it comes to used cars without warranties.

Good luck with sale.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Tytus
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought a 2001 996tt Tip 2 years ago for $37,500 from a dealer and it had 42,000 miles. The car listed for about $125k new but so what. The price was below most other 996tt due to the Tip and time of year and it wasn't perfect but had no mods. I am putting this out there as a barometer. I would not have paid more then. The good news about the Tip was that at least the car couldn't really be over reved and that was my biggest concern.

Your car has a lot more miles and is probably worth what you paid for it not what you are asking. Think about it, that is why you bought it and not someone else, you were the highest bidder, and you bought it in the spring, this is late fall. If you wait till next year the car will be older but at least you will be heading into the buying season.

Good luck with your sale, but I would take an offer over $25k, just my $0.02.

Tytus
Old 10-31-2011, 06:32 PM
porscheforfun
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tytus
I bought a 2001 996tt Tip 2 years ago for $37,500 from a dealer and it had 42,000 miles. The car listed for about $125k new but so what. The price was below most other 996tt due to the Tip and time of year and it wasn't perfect but had no mods. I am putting this out there as a barometer. I would not have paid more then. The good news about the Tip was that at least the car couldn't really be over reved and that was my biggest concern.

Your car has a lot more miles and is probably worth what you paid for it not what you are asking. Think about it, that is why you bought it and not someone else, you were the highest bidder, and you bought it in the spring, this is late fall. If you wait till next year the car will be older but at least you will be heading into the buying season.

Good luck with your sale, but I would take an offer over $25k, just my $0.02.

Tytus
I got it at that price because I know the owner. Take a look around you will not find any or very very few for less than $33,000
Old 10-31-2011, 06:36 PM
noporsche
Intermediate

There's more than a handfull. its not that fact that there's not that many around its more the fact the ones who can afford these don't want a car with 105k. I'd take offers over 25 as well. BEst of luck though
Old 10-31-2011, 07:59 PM
ploglet
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

really come the end of it, if porscheforfun wants to hold out for his asking price or close to it, that is his prerogative. Sounds like the forum members feel they have a good pulse on cars over 100k and with tup transmissions, so it is just a difference of opinion. That being said, given the purchase price and the updates/services done to the car, something in the middle of the asking price and the original purchase price seems pretty attainable to both parties. For someone who is looking for a tip (and there are quite a few) and dont mind a TT with more miles than a lot of the local garage queens (sorry) this might be a nice purchase.

Again, my $.02 and GLWS.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:08 PM
dntlvet
Pro

Curious if this is an 2005 996
Old 10-31-2011, 09:40 PM
porscheforfun
Instructor

Originally Posted by dntlvet
Curious if this is an 2005 996
Its a 2001 Twin turbo

I think we should drop this thread if it sells great if it doesnt oh well i keep it
Thks for any advice guys
Old 11-01-2011, 11:16 AM
RXDOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porscheforfun
You posted your car "for sale" on the 996 "FORUM". If you didn't want any input you could have just posted it on the "CLASSIFIED" section. Obviously you wanted to generate some buzz and you got a 2-page thread out of it. Once again, NO BODY is bashing you for making money on this deal. That's the American way. Just don't "Cmon guys" the people who offer $24-25K. Obviously "we all know what it's worth" doesn't really apply. At least 1 (one) person didn't know the cars true value (the original owner). Maybe there are more people!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Pauly90266
Instructor

Just because he paid $24K does not mean he needs to sell it at the same price or less. That is how a car dealer makes money by buying low and selling at a higher price , and that is the way it works.

I doubt the prices are going to go much lower than what was paid, so hang in there and get the price you think is fair. Meanwhile, enjoy the car and drive the darn thing.

Quick Reply: Porsche 996 TT for sale $29.5K Tip 105K on the clock