Sponsored by:

Need a pic of inside rear adjust for Pss9

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 05:36 PM
pewter82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need a pic of inside rear adjust for Pss9

I need a shot from inside to see where to access the rear shock adjusters. I've pulled on all the pieces and nothing moves.

I was able to raise the front and adjust to what I think is 4 or 5. the clicks are like a safe cracker, I have no indicator to line the clicks on the front , so I did my best. One side might be off one click.
It seems there is one click ,then it turns , then 4-5 clicks, then turns, then one click. It was set on one extreme, I don't know what it was ,firm or soft.
Took the car out and it behaved much better on the curves, now just want to make sure the rears are not set to an extreme.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 09:01 PM
dantzig
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Here you go. The L-shaped hunk of carpeted foam just pops out. You can see the adjustment **** on the shock on the left side of the photo, just behind the seat belt, next to the shiny sheet metal that holds your engine ECU under it. I took this photo in the course of installing a rollbar. It's somewhat harder to get to now.

I can't see the stripes on mine up front either. What I do is turn the dial full CCW to index where the "1" is, then turn the **** until the desired number lines up with where that was.

Jon
Attached Images  
Old 07-25-2010, 11:45 PM
pewter82
Drifting

My car has the Bose Box behind the seat that doesn't seem to want to move. Its right on top of the piece your showing there.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:59 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Pull the black trim pieces off (they just pop off). Inside each side is a T-30 torx bolt....remove that. Slide the unit towards the front of the car, up and out. Then you can access the shocks.

Quick Reply: Need a pic of inside rear adjust for Pss9