Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Gasket Leak- 2nd time w/i 1 year!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 01:24 AM
godxilla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Head Gasket Leak- 2nd time w/i 1 year!

I just bought 01 996tt. i had a ppi done on it and the outta town p car mech mentioned a small coolant leak. after driving it home (8 hrs), i had it checked out by a local p car mech. He said that the head gasket is leaking and needs replacement. big job. in looking at the PO docs i see that a the same repair was done by a dealer about 1 yr ago, full head gasket replacement. seems very strange that it would happen again so soon after the repair. Anyone hear of the repair being a continuous problem? porous head?

also, i have a fidelity platinum plan. does anyone have any experience as to the coverage on this?

thx
Old 02-27-2010, 01:46 AM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There should be a warranty on the repair if Porsche did it. Not sure if it is one year or two, nor what the mileage is.

Fidelity may say "pre-existing condition, not covered" if they see the history. Given their rep it will be 'deny, deny'.... but I don't have direct experience.

GL

A

PS You bought it with a small coolant leak?? What did the outta town P mech say when you told him? Bad news....
Old 02-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Last930
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to have a porous head replaced under warantee on a 02 TT after about 10k miles; I've heard of others with the same problem. I have not heard of any head gasket leak issues.

Quick Reply: Head Gasket Leak- 2nd time w/i 1 year!