Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Loss

Old 10-27-2002, 04:16 PM
Duane in Miami
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Power Loss

Took the TT out for a drive yesterday. When I punched it the car slowly went through the RPM band and no boost would kick in. I did two acceleration runs and the same problem. I pulled to the side of the road and called road side assistance. While I was waiting I gave it one more shot and then the acceleration was back to normal. It almost felt like the car was out of gas or something. Has anyone experienced this problem?
Old 10-28-2002, 02:14 AM
Turby
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad gas? Water in the tank? What octane do you use? I know this occasionly happens because of all the moisture here on the east coast. Did it stumble at all like it was pulling the boost(timing) back?
Old 11-09-2002, 03:02 AM
mwilson
Intermediate

I had the no-power once last spring at a hillclimb. It felt like no boost. It lasted for about a minute and a half. Stopping, turning off and restarting did not cure it, but the power came back.

Diverter valve stuck open ? (Just thought of that now).

I assumed it had to do with the PSM since I forgot to turn it off before the standing start and hit the button just after the upshift to 2nd gear.

Michael Wilson
Old 11-09-2002, 07:52 PM
urbanski
Instructor

My 4S did that once, too (am i allowed to reply over here in the TT forum?? )

No power at all, even at full throttle, but I pulled over, turned it off and restarted, and it went away never to return.

I assume the computer needed a "reboot".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Loss