Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on specing a Speed Yellow/Black 2002 996 TT...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2001, 08:02 AM
Blue Ridge Runner
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help on specing a Speed Yellow/Black 2002 996 TT...

I am planning a Euro Delivery on a new Twin Turbo. The preliminary option list as given me by the Dealer does not show Yellow calipers (assume these must now be Ceramic brake option-- N/A) OR Speed Yellow instrument dial faces.
Any advice on a aftermarket source for these items???
Also would appreciate information regarding other Speed Yellow interior tweaks you have seen and liked (either Porsche or aftermarket)
Thanks.
Old 06-01-2001, 09:17 AM
JWKC
Instructor

You can order it direct from Porsche tequipment/exclusive.no need to go for aftermarket!
Old 06-01-2001, 10:02 AM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Ed,

Since you asked specifically about "Speed Yellow interior tweaks", the one that jumps to mind and which I am almost sure is an available option is the body coloured seat-backs. Essentially the back part of the entire seat (seat-back) will be coloured yellow - personally I would get it if I were to order yellow.

The other option is the yellow seat belt option which I would check with those who have for scuff marks (assume yellow will show wear more easily than basic black).

As far as I know, the ceramic brake option is still not readily available though it may be available aftermarket or even as Tequipment very soon (just a guess). Frankly, unless you are going to be tracking it more than just two or three times a year, it may not be worth the USD8K or so cost (an approx based on hearsay).

Dont know specifics about other cosmetic "tweaks" but go to
http://www.us.porsche.com/isapi/nati...r/911Turbo.asp

Best of luck. Nice colour choice btw.

[ 01-06-2001: Message edited by: Ran ]
Old 06-01-2001, 10:13 AM
wmoore993
Rennlist Member

I am doing a Euro delivery as well. I am considering the paint to sample with the Ferrai Fly Yellow.

On the Ceramic breaks, I stopped by my dealer a few days ago and was informed that the 996TT's are still not available with the PCCB system as production issues have made them scarce. All of the ceramics are going to the GT2's.

However, I am speciffically requesting a 9/02 delivery, and was told that by that time I will be receiving an 03 model and I should be able to get the ceramic breaks.

BTW I agree this is a pricy option that is probably not necessary for my driving skill level, but I am not skimping on any part of this car. I am figuring I'll have it for a long long time.

-WAM
Old 06-01-2001, 11:07 AM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Good points. I might have done the same too as far as ordering Fly Yellow as well as Ceramic brakes even though I would not need the enhanced performance of the brakes but who knows - I may yet become a track enthusiast. Its usually less efficient to add on after purchase.

Originally posted by William Moore:
<STRONG>I am ....with the Ferrai Fly Yellow.
.......is a pricy option that is probably not necessary for my driving skill level, but I am not skimping on any part of this car. -WAM</STRONG>
Old 06-05-2001, 06:39 PM
Garey Cooper
Rennlist Member

Ed; I just saw a Yellow TT and it had the black seats with yellow "deviating" stitching. It looked rather nice I thought. I looked at the option list and pricing that is posted on the SunCoast site (thank you Bill) and the price for the deviating stitching seemed reasonable enough. I just thought it looked good and was a special differentiating touch.
Old 06-06-2001, 02:47 AM
Blue Ridge Runner
Rennlist Member

Thanks Everybody for the advice and direct emails. BTW, I have determined that full stitching is not "complete". Certain "Exclusive" options must be separately specified to receive "deviating stitching". Also, unlike Ferrari, there is only one size of sport seat. There IS a option for a "Tall seat"-- but the width remains the same. The sport seat is too narrow for some of us.
Order was placed yesterday with Dealer.

Trending Topics

Old 06-07-2001, 09:48 PM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Ed Yates:
<STRONG>Thanks Everybody for the advice and direct emails. BTW, I have determined that full stitching is not "complete". Certain "Exclusive" options must be separately specified to receive "deviating stitching". Also, unlike Ferrari, there is only one size of sport seat. There IS a option for a "Tall seat"-- but the width remains the same. The sport seat is too narrow for some of us.
Order was placed yesterday with Dealer.</STRONG>
You are welcome Ed. Sounds like you are going to option your car very nicely. Don't forget to post some pics though. I am a fan of yellow.
Best of luck.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:17 PM
nelsontod
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Did you ever get this speced?
Old 05-13-2018, 12:00 AM
Lucid Moment
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Epic thread revival, 17 years.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:08 AM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucid Moment
Epic thread revival, 17 years.
Never seen a thread this old revived. Must be a record.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:56 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by nelsontod
Did you ever get this speced?
Did you learn how to best clean your wheel lug nut wells?

Craig
Old 05-16-2018, 08:08 PM
Nzo
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

This is so good lol

Quick Reply: Help on specing a Speed Yellow/Black 2002 996 TT...