Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo vs GT3 weight loss, now who's a pig?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 12:27 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually, I would like all of us to have our favorite pic of our car (as I do) as part of our sig, it would be nice to see everyones car.
Why is it "gratuitous", I need to look that up! LOL
Hey Chris, also all in good fun so dont get all defensive and what not!
Old 08-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Gary (Fl)
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's not Tom's car anyway...

He has been fooling all of us forever.... That bright yellow Ford Focus he showed up in at a local meet had such a big wing on it he is not able to drive it if the wind is blowing more than 25 MPH.... He still had the numbers from the track on it... The go cart track of course....
Old 08-03-2006, 05:45 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Last time I bring the Focus to one of your car shows! Now everybody knows!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 07:50 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

A Fuc yous?
Old 08-03-2006, 08:43 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

you shouldnt have left FL Luis!!!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Gary (Fl)
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
Last time I bring the Focus to one of your car shows! Now everybody knows!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:27 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
you shouldnt have left FL Luis!!!!!
I know man, I am missing it badly.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
I can't see why it would be an issue at all.....56K dial up aside.
That's because all of us don't have the unnecessary large pics in our signatures. It was just a comment based on the fact that I prefer to read/hear what people have to say rather than see Tom's identical picture over an over again down the page. Mind you having heard him crow 'nice one - you cancelled out Chris real quick' and other worthless posts all the way down the page I have simply blocked him so I don't see his posts (or the picture), but still see the thread. (Which is what I should have done in the first place, but you always try to give an infant at least a chance before correcting him right?)

Seriously though, if we all had that size picture in our signatures, the board would just be unusable unless you really are trying to build up those finger muscles for some other purpose.

Thank you for your considerate reply Tom, consider yourself cancelled
Old 08-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Christer
That's because all of us don't have the unnecessary large pics in our signatures... It was just a comment based on the fact that I prefer to read/hear what people have to say rather than see Tom's identical picture over an over again down the page.

Seriously though, if we all had that size picture in our signatures, the board would just be unusable unless you really are trying to build up those finger muscles for some other purpose.
I agree.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:07 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That's because all of us don't have the unnecessary large pics in our signatures. It was just a comment based on the fact that I prefer to read/hear what people have to say rather than see Tom's identical picture over an over again down the page.

begin
Your comment simply appeared, to me at least, to be subjective rather than objective.

If you believe that a sig pic such as Tom's, which is obviously allowed under the rules for such attachments currently, is a detrement to the forum/board, then might I suggest bringing the matter up before a moderator or John D.
end
Old 08-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ltc, are you a lawyer?

Of course the comment was subjective. If it was objective it would be 'Hey Tom, you have a large image attached to your signature' - what would be the point of that? It was an appeal to common sense which was childishly rebuffed. As I said before, the 'ignore' button is a wonderful thing - but I bet that if we all had those large images attached to our signatures then a) the rules may be changed quite quickly, and b) you would get pissed off yourself because you would at best see one post on your screen before you scroll down another screen height in order to see the next post. I have been on boards like that and it really is a waste of time.

John D and the moderators run this place the way the want...they don't need any input from me...if I need to prove a point I just do it myself
Old 08-04-2006, 04:37 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ltc, are you a lawyer?
Engineering and Law.....you pick your degree.

My only point is that if, based on your experiences, you feel that such a change would benefit the members of the forum and Rennlist in general, then taking it to John D and the moderators seemed like a more appropriate path to follow.

BTW, there are some forum members who put every single vehicle option/code/description in their sig....making it rather long/large. I imagine that this also presents an issue as well?

As stated, I have no problem with Tom's sig pic, nor do I have a problem with large text content sigs.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:27 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Chris, I have thought about what you said ( not the stupid stuff but the content) and I guess I will agree with you and remove the pic.

Lewis, thanks for the support, but I guess the pic of my car can become irritating, especially if you dont even have a TT or even a late model porsche of your own to look at and you just live vicariously through the experiences of guys discussing the cars that they have.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:11 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

I liked it. Tom, if you get another photo, let's go with that for a bit. AS
Old 08-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
BTW, there are some forum members who put every single vehicle option/code/description in their sig....making it rather long/large. I imagine that this also presents an issue as well?
I'll offer my opinion: Yes

As another example, as much as I like Rennteam, lots of the posters there use the "quote" function and then don't delete the extraneous stuff...these end up getting VERY long!! HUGE posts...paragraph after paragraph of posts - all for an "I agree" comment at the bottom. Strange.

Some of the other car forums I read get filled up with all kinds of animation, along with huge signature blocks and pictures. It just takes up bandwidth IMO. Almost all of the "personal" stuff (pictures, previous owned cars, presently owned cars, mods, etc) really needs to be in the "profile" section and not on the real-time board.

My vote...keep it to a minimum.

Quick Reply: Turbo vs GT3 weight loss, now who's a pig?