PSM/ABS lights on Highway.Some advise please

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 04:01 PM
billystang993
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry PSM/ABS lights on Highway.Some advise please

I install a EVO filter few weeks ago.
I drove the car few days from home to work ,everything was good.
Today i was on the Highway and accelerate on 5th gear and few seconds later ABS/PSM lights came on.
Has anything to do with the Evo filter or why that happen?
Thank you in advance!!
Old 03-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Do you have ECU mods?
Old 03-12-2006, 09:01 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

First get the codes read. Then we might be able to help.
The EVO filter you installed, was it oiled or dry?

Try cleaning the MAF. Check for leaks.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:11 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ABS/PSM light at same time is usually a maf, and since you did the evo intake, it is a good possibility. Did the intake still have the K&N filter, or was it the new white filter? If it was the K&N, then i would almost be positive it is the maf. I would pull your maf, take some CRC electronics cleaner, spray it out good, let it dry (no compressed air), and put it back in.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:28 PM
billystang993
Advanced

i do have ecu upgrade (UPSOLUTE)
The Evo filter is Dry.
its only two weeks when i install the Evo .Do i have to do this every two weeks?
i think is K&N dry filter. Is that white filter better?
As soon shut off the car and starter again the lights when off.
You think if i install back the original filter will be better?Cause to be honest for 15 HP xtra for the
filter ,i dont think i want to go thru cleaning the MAF every two weeks
Thank you
Old 03-12-2006, 10:36 PM
billystang993
Advanced

Doc,
I just found out i do have the white filter.
Few other members with high horse power engines they talled me to put back the original filter and i will not have problems. Are you agree with that?
Thank you.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:22 AM
markski
Racer

I suggest upgrading to a giac program thats proven... what made u buy a $800 intake box when u dont even have bigger turbos/program.... doesnt make sense...
Im not a fan of upsolute.... although cheap... half of the guys running on it complain of check engine lights... especially in cold weather...
I have a +600 hp car and I didnt change my intake air box.... a BMC filter does just fine.
get some freeflowing exhaust... tahst should have been ur 1st upgrade.
just my opinion.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:10 AM
billystang993
Advanced

i do have PSI exhaust loud version and diverter valves.

Do you think the lights are from the ecu and not from air filter?
Old 03-13-2006, 10:15 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Upsolute program is probably your problem then. I have seen a few come into the shop with the ABS/PSM lights on, and after we put in the GIAC program, the problem resolves. If the air filter is the white filter, then it is most likely NOT your maf, as they are not oiled and won't kill the MAFs as the K&N will.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:46 AM
gney996
Instructor

5th gear downshifting to 4th on a slight incline at hwy speed.......without fail the upsolute does the same on my car(no EVO intake).I am now a converted GIAC.....no more problems.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:19 PM
blueline
Advanced

Not to pile on, but was seeing the same PSM/ABS issue w/ my Upsolute ECU upgrade. I'm back to the stock ECU to make sure it isn't something else. I hope Upsolute can find a fix for this b/c I love the power and low cost.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:13 PM
billystang993
Advanced

THANK YOU GUYS!
If that happen few more times i will go with another ecu upgrade ,but i think i will install the original filter first and then if it does that again i will go with either GIAC or something similar.
thanks again very much!
Old 06-22-2006, 03:22 AM
Hallopt45
6th Gear

Exclamation

Originally Posted by blueline
Not to pile on, but was seeing the same PSM/ABS issue w/ my Upsolute ECU upgrade. I'm back to the stock ECU to make sure it isn't something else. I hope Upsolute can find a fix for this b/c I love the power and low cost.
We have a file revision that fixes this problem and still keeps the 1.1 bar and better levels obtainable. We also do custom files based off of a UEGO (universal exhaust gas oxygen) or Air/Fuel ratio dyno showing a pull through all gears with RPM, HP, and A/F. Most dynos will be able to give the UEGO file out. It is just a matter of saving it as a UEGO format. Just send the file to us as an image (.jpg, .gif, or .bmp) you can just scan it. Austria prefers the UEGO as they do not need to spend time converting from Standard (US) to Metric, but they will do it based off of a US version showing A/F as well.

We do not charge for file revisions (except maybe return shipping). All of our files are written at our HQ in Teesdorf, Austria using a Bosch dynometer. We can do it, and we can do it much cheaper than the competition. Upsolute now has the OBDII flash programmer for all of the vehicles write files for.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Randy Hall
Upsolute-Atlanta
rhall@upsolute.com
Old 06-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Gary (Fl)
Racer

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
If the air filter is the white filter, then it is most likely NOT your maf, as they are not oiled and won't kill the MAFs as the K&N will.
I can't see how people can continue to say.. "If you have the dry filter it's okay" I blew 2 MAF's in 3500 miles with the DRY filter.. My car had 22K on it with the GIAC stage IV and never blew a MAF UNTIL I INSTALLED THE VFLOW WITH THE DRY FILTER...

I can't say it is related ONLY to the Vflow... But there is obviously some issue since that was the only change... It seems to me that the vflow with higher HP modded cars seems to have way more MAF failures that ones on stock or stage II and below cars.... No evidence of course, but if you look back at all the posts on here and 6speed it is apparent that higher HP cars and Vflow have more failures... Why?? I wish someone could tell us for sure... Hopefully a new MAF will be out soon and this will once and for all be a non issue.....
Old 06-24-2006, 02:31 AM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary (Fl)
... Hopefully a new MAF will be out soon and this will once and for all be a non issue.....
Amen to that Brother!

Quick Reply: PSM/ABS lights on Highway.Some advise please