Sponsored by:

Boost pressure

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 10:59 PM
blueline
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost pressure

I need some help diagnosing a problem. My 01 TT doesn't always produce high boost pressure. It produces around .9 Bar during the first few (3rd, 4th, or 5th gear) WOT runs, but then mysteriously, won't top .5 Bar until I shut the car off and let it cool a bit. I'm taking a risk that the cops will nab me every time I test it.

Background -
01TT w/ 8,000 miles
Upsolute ECU upgrade
New EVO DV's
New FR6 plugs
New MAF sensor

problem first surfaced after replacing the factory DV's. Could a bad DV cause this behavior? How would I know?
OEM turbo pressure hoses have come loose, but were reconnected. I know there are upgraded hoses, but I'm not sure this is the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.

Chris
Old 03-01-2006, 11:21 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is going into limp mode. Have the pending DTC checked.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:47 PM
blueline
Advanced

Stephen,

Thanks so much for your help.

I ran the car hard this morning and got a PSM/ABS light followed by PSM/ABS/ CEL. I had the codes read which are P1250 and P0103. These are the same two codes as I had last time I got the PSM/ ABS fault.

I contacted Rene at Upsolute and he said he wants to install a revised program since I have a new MAF sensor. It's something about allowing a broader range of values accepted from the MAF. I'm taking it to him next week. I hope that fixes it.

BTW - I think your on target with the limp mode idea since iit matches my experience. Thanks for that. My dealer didn't put two and two together when I repeatedly told them about the .5 Bar limit that seems to happen all to often.

The following is the entire history of the issue I'm having:

I upgraded my ECU to Upsolute's program last October. Shortly after that I got a PSM and ABS fault, but it didn't repeat for a while. Then in December, I had the spark plugs and diverter valves replaced as a preventive measure. Shortly thereafter I got a PSM/ABS fault, and then a PSM/ABS/CEL. The dealer in Charleston, SC where I was at the time diagnosed and reattached "loose turbo pressure hoses" and reset the CEL. After that I began to notice times in which the car would not produce over .5 Bar of boost, where it normally produced .9 Bar. I have since had several PSM/ABS events and numerous times where the maximum boost is limited to .5 Bar with no indicator lights. Last week Hendrick Porsche diagnosed a bad MAF sensor and replaced it. This morning while testing the car, I got a PSM/ABS fault, then a PSM/ABS/CEL, after which the max boost was limited to .5 Bar.

Thanks to all who reply.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:30 PM
markski
Racer

from the look of things.... u might want to consider a more reputable tunning company that doesnt give so many problems.... aspecially maf issues...
... a few guys told me that they get cels in cold weather... especially winter(with absolute prgram).
Old 03-03-2006, 01:01 PM
NC Bob
Instructor

Originally Posted by markski
from the look of things.... u might want to consider a more reputable tunning company that doesnt give so many problems.... aspecially maf issues...
... a few guys told me that they get cels in cold weather... especially winter(with absolute prgram).
Don't think it's the Upsolute. I've had mine in for three years and never had a CEL and never had it upgraded. I'm guessing the DV connections are one of the problems.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:40 AM
markski
Racer

Upsolute is fine but a bunch of guys complain that in cold climates it throw cel lights.... something with MAf issues.... otherwise its fine for what it is.

Quick Reply: Boost pressure