Sponsored by:

Disabling alarm

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 12:09 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 286 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Disabling alarm

Is there a way to lock the doors without enabling the alarm?
I get the double beep (or maybe single. I disconnected the horn) when locking and the alarm goes off randomly.
I'd rather just disconnect the alarm completely. Is this possible?
I'm not about to go to the dealer and drop a bunch of money on something I have no need for.

Last edited by 911 Rod; 06-11-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:46 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

If you are getting a beep it means there is fault in the alarm sensors (e.g., center console, door, glove box, etc. left open). If you are getting double beeps, there is a defect in the central arm system.

You can disarm the interior IR detector, but I don't know how to disable the entire alarm system.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:12 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 286 Likes on 197 Posts

I appreciate the info.
Have searched the threads up and down and there is lots of info there, just nothing to disable other than locking and unlocking and it should lock 30 seconds later without the alarm.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:25 PM
TrillyPop
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by wross996tt
If you are getting a beep it means there is fault in the alarm sensors (e.g., center console, door, glove box, etc. left open). If you are getting double beeps, there is a defect in the central arm system.

You can disarm the interior IR detector, but I don't know how to disable the entire alarm system.
Are you sure? When I lock my car with the key (which I always do because my fob doesn't work), if I turn the key clockwise once the car locks and I get no beeps. If I turn the key clockwise twice, I get a single horn beep. I know nothing is left open and the alarm works properly.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:26 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,462 Posts

As mentioned above, a single beep when locking with the fob indicates a fault. Often it's the radio alarm wire if the center stack has been modified, or the arm rest cubby.

Can't say about locking with the key... I never lock or unlock my car that way.

As for disabling, there might be a way to do it with the PIWIS tool, by perhaps "removing" the alarm module from the configuration. But the chances any given Porsche tech would know how to do it, even if was possible, are fairly slim.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:38 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by TrillyPop
Are you sure? When I lock my car with the key (which I always do because my fob doesn't work), if I turn the key clockwise once the car locks and I get no beeps. If I turn the key clockwise twice, I get a single horn beep. I know nothing is left open and the alarm works properly.
Yes, I am sure

Not positive, but I believe when you perform that action, you are purposely disabling the inside IR sensor. This is typically done when you leave someone or a pet inside so as not to activate the inside sensor.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:29 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by wross996tt
...I believe when you perform that action, you are purposely disabling the inside IR sensor. This is typically done when you leave someone or a pet inside so as not to activate the inside sensor.
You are correct.

Quick Reply: Disabling alarm