Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can .2 headlights be used for race use?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 09:11 PM
LukeSportsman
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can .2 headlights be used for race use?

I have a couple TT's, but few other 996's in my small town to compare. Is there an alternative to our "turbo" lights that can be used for track use? I'm not asking as much about the electronic conversion as I'll wire redundant "race" car circuit in for halogens, but FENDER/HOOD headlight fitment. This seems so simple, yet I've never been able to find an answer whether I'm using wrong search parameters or what. I'd love to make a set of RSR style, but they show to no longer be available sadly. Our headlights are just cost prohibitive to crack or ruin on the track for a track rat build. This doesn't apply to either builds I have but the one I'm preparing to build.

Thanks for thoughts and ideas.
Luke
Old 02-11-2019, 11:38 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 557 Likes on 424 Posts

I've PCA club raced a 996 for more than 10 years and the headlights are fine/perfect! Day 1 I put a clearbra on them to keep from getting chipped/nicked up.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:29 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

am sure at somepoint some plastics company will see the market and start making new lenses or an aftermarket lighting company just reproducing the whole assembly... seems like an easy opportunity to me..
Old 02-12-2019, 04:19 PM
Kaizu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These would be so badass, but nothing readily available, just to be sure I asked some years ago at https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-...eadlights.html

P.S. In my view, with 991 a huge development in design is the availability of black headlights instead of silver, really makes a big difference there.

Silver: Looks like a new beetle or a mini cooper, or a 997

But great in black:

I'm ALL about performance, weight savings and low lap times with my 996 but sometimes you think about these design aspects as well...

Quick Reply: Can .2 headlights be used for race use?