Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions wanted on Turbo FS ad

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 11:26 AM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm surprised nobody has said this yet, but you would get a better return if you went back to stock (as much as possible) and sold the upgraded/aftermarket parts separately. The market for stock Turbos will always be greater than modded ones. And I believe most of your upgrades would sell quickly if priced right. I'm guessing you'd be able to pull mid 40s out of the car if you go that route. Maybe more?

Good luck with your sale.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:08 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

Short answer is wait 6 weeks. Take it off the market entirely. March 10th, put it back up. I would disclose that a PPI report is available to those seriously interested that shows only a few minor issues rather than listing the PPI items. Your PPI list makes a bad first impression - it will scare some people or give them the wrong impression of the car.

I realize it is warm in Dallas at the moment, but a 996tt is a specialty car and you'll want to include buyers from nationwide. I'm really not that far north of you, but I'm looking at a weather forecast predicting negative 2 degrees the day after tomorrow. Plus, the whole spring car buying frenzy is fed by income tax refunds, and those are still at least 2 weeks away, maybe longer. I realize that 996tt buyers aren't counting on tax refunds, but it is contagious with everyone else saying "hey, look at me, I got a new car" and the weather warming up that seems to whip people across-the-board into a lather about getting a new ride. It'll sell - right color, good condition, priced accordingly with warts and mileage. Prime selling time is right around the corner - just be patient! Remember, if it sells in a week, you sold it too cheap.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:15 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by GWIT996F
Plus, the whole spring car buying frenzy is fed by income tax refunds, and those are still at least 2 weeks away, maybe longer. I realize that 996tt buyers aren't counting on tax refunds, but it is contagious with everyone else saying "hey, look at me, I got a new car"....

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-...125-story.html
Old 01-28-2019, 06:38 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

One man's tasteful upgrades are another man's eyesore. I loathe 19" wheels of any kind, for example, and I immediately discard cars that have them.

Quick Reply: Opinions wanted on Turbo FS ad