Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is buying a tracked car for a daily a bad idea?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 02:00 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

huh? lol
Old 02-03-2019, 11:00 AM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by MezgerTT

Wrong. It is relevant for comparing the retaining value of an aging car, a normally depreciating asset. A GT3 that costs less than a TT in every generation will retain most of its MSRP value over time, with roughly the same mileage and condition. A TT may be garaged since leaving the showroom and it’ll still lose half its value easily simply because of much higher production numbers than the GT cars. The RS cars were never meant to be driven because of their rarity. Not so with the TT.

If his question had been which Porsche model retains the highest percentage of its MSRP, I would have agreed with you 100% But his question was not about new GT3s or GT1s, or new 996s still on the showroom floor.

This was the question:

Which 996 is going up in value?

My response was limited to the question he asked. What matters is the change in value after you have bought it. All the depreciation that occurred before that time is on someone else's nickel. IMO.

Last edited by autobonrun; 02-03-2019 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:46 AM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,441 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
I thought the same about Carlo...
For someone who has loudly professed to not wanting any interaction with me you sure do talk about me a lot.

You do realize this a an open forum and everyone can see what you write?

And how exactly are tracked cars like rental cars?
Old 09-18-2022, 06:56 PM
samefredd
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And by tracked car, do you mean a car with tracks like tanks have? It’s the only image google showed me in response to the “tracked car” request.
Honestly, I don’t think that it’s going to be easy to use such a car in a city or town environment. It’s more relevant if you live somewhere in a forest, but still, it seems to be a bit excessive. You can get a tractor for such purposes and still own one of the nice japanese import cars for sale. They are cheap, and you won’t have to spend too much money on them. Just buy such a car and a tracked tractor, and you’ll be fine.

Quick Reply: Is buying a tracked car for a daily a bad idea?