Rear wiper delete, "Alloy and Carbon" - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Rear wiper delete, "Alloy and Carbon"

Old 01-12-2019, 01:14 AM
Oak
User

Did the bumper plug mod back in I think 04. God I hated that rear wiper. 🥴
Old 01-12-2019, 01:59 AM
Dock
Super User

Originally Posted by Oak View Post
Did the bumper plug mod back in I think 04. God I hated that rear wiper. 🥴
I also did mine back in '04, right after the end of the wiper blade gouged two deep scratches in my paint.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:16 AM
Oak
User

Originally Posted by Dock View Post
I also did mine back in '04, right after the end of the wiper blade gouged two deep scratches in my paint.
got lucky the few times it recoiled violently it got the weather stripping. Took out a nice chunk.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:05 AM
Turbodan
Addict
Rennlist Member

I remember when I had my 993 turbo guys in Southern California were removing the front wipers and having body shops fill in the wholes
Old 01-14-2019, 08:56 PM
HBdirtbag
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pfbz View Post
Well, it bothered me enough that I bought the plug kit for it, but not so much I minded leaving it on a shelf for a year before getting around to the 30 minute install!

If my Turbo was an all-weather car (which it is supremely capable of) and driven in heavy rain, snow, sleet, lots of highway grime, etc., the wiper makes sense. And while I can't say it's never driven in the rain, if the weather looks rainy or nasty, I will almost always take my other turbo, the 6,000 pound F150 Ecoboost :-)
my turbo is an all weather car, i've still not found a reason to ever turn it on other then to make sure it works lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: