Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 10:09 PM
Jacob_Seattle
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you have a great buy. This is still a ton of car for the money. I paid $25k more for a similar car, just with a 1/3 of your miles. Drive her and enjoy her. Life is too short to drive boring cars.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:20 PM
derrunner
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jacob - thanks! I think so too, I am finding the bumper, headlights, mirrors - all covered with vinyl protection that's yellowing - taking that off is revealing a car that is really amazing condition.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:23 PM
derrunner
Intermediate

"Well congrats! I was the other guy looking at it, but decided to go with a manual. Enjoy your new ride."

Thanks - really can't go wrong either way IMO. My buddy and I did a little test on a deserted road and the turbo out did his 2012 911S. He wasn't happy. :-) Good luck!
Old 01-10-2019, 11:45 PM
Jacob_Seattle
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by derrunner
"Well congrats! I was the other guy looking at it, but decided to go with a manual. Enjoy your new ride."

Thanks - really can't go wrong either way IMO. My buddy and I did a little test on a deserted road and the turbo out did his 2012 911S. He wasn't happy. :-) Good luck!

Best POST all WEEK!!! Very cool. The 996tt will appreciate and any money we spend now will be a small amount in comparison. It is the last of the "I can work on this car myself" and mechanical driver's Porsche 911s. Haters are always going to hate, we can clearly just pass them with a smile on our faces.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:56 PM
derrunner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jacob_Seattle
Best POST all WEEK!!! Very cool. The 996tt will appreciate and any money we spend now will be a small amount in comparison. It is the last of the "I can work on this car myself" and mechanical driver's Porsche 911s. Haters are always going to hate, we can clearly just pass them with a smile on our faces.
He's not a hater at all, in fact, he's the one who talked me into getting this car, he loves the 996tt, I just don't think he was expecting the turbo to pull away that much. LOL. We had walkie talkies and I can't repeat what he said here. :-)

And I believe 100% in being able to work on the car - he drove me to go pick the 996tt up and I think all the electronics and gizmos in the newer Porsches like his just have the potential for more problems, and take some of the experience away.

Quick Reply: Buying Advice