Sponsored by:

2002 911 tt turbo

Old 11-10-2018, 09:02 PM
accted
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 911 tt turbo

Hello All,

I accidentally got the wrong oil drain plug.
Could you please help for those torque wrench specs for oil pressure piston (horizontal one) along with the resit of drain oil plugs?

Thank you!
Old 11-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by accted
Hello All,

Could you please help for those torque wrench specs for oil pressure piston (horizontal one) along with the resit of drain oil plugs?

Thank you!
No experience with the oil pressure relief valve.

My advice is to flat bed the car to a shop one with techs well versed/trained/experienced on these cars/engines and get this sorted out. This is not an area to learn on by trial and error.

Attached is a 4 page PDF of the Turbo engine crankcase and the pressure relief valve is detailed in an exploded view. Parts are listed along with one or two notes.

This is use at your own risk. As I said above my advice is to get the car to a professional.
Attached Images
Old 11-12-2018, 11:15 AM
mffarrell
Drifting

Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

Hello All,

Thank you!
This happened to me a long time ago when I did my first oil change on my 993. I simply torqued it to about 25 NM., all good!
Old 11-12-2018, 12:45 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by mffarrell
This happened to me a long time ago when I did my first oil change on my 993. I simply torqued it to about 25 NM., all good!
Based on the info in the PDF I posted you only tightened the item down by one half the amount called for. The manual calls for a tightening torque of 50nm or 37 ft lbs.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:25 PM
accted
Intermediate

Thank you so much for all your replies!

A month ago, I mistaken opened it and spring came out with no piston. I was not aware there is piston, which stuck. Therefore, I hand torqued it back.
When tried to reverse while parked in garage and it made real loud noise. I stopped. Then searched and happened to read some where around forums couple post advised torque to 60Nm. So I think I did at 44.7lb (60Nm).

I had not drive the car at all. Until last week after connected battery, testing drive less than half mile from home, it could not move when climb back onto garage, Therefore, it has been parked on driveway since

What happened if under or over torqued ?

Old 11-12-2018, 04:38 PM
mffarrell
Drifting

Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
Based on the info in the PDF I posted you only tightened the item down by one half the amount called for. The manual calls for a tightening torque of 50nm or 37 ft lbs.
Gotcha! This was on a 993 na.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,429 Posts

Thank you so much for all your replies!

A month ago, I mistaken opened it and spring came out with no piston. I was not aware there is piston, which stuck. Therefore, I hand torqued it back.
When tried to reverse while parked in garage and it made real loud noise. I stopped. Then searched and happened to read some where around forums couple post advised torque to 60Nm. So I think I did at 44.7lb (60Nm).

I had not drive the car at all. Until last week after connected battery, testing drive less than half mile from home, it could not move when climb back onto garage, Therefore, it has been parked on driveway since

What happened if under or over torqued ?
The exact torque of the bolt should not make much of a difference. The spring and piston do all the work. They keep the oil pressure steady as the engine warms up.

I do not think the bolt is your issue. What other work did you do?

Trending Topics

Old 11-12-2018, 07:43 PM
accted
Intermediate

Replaced:
- MAF 3 times, but engine is only started without it.
- New fuel filter,
- New air filter
-New cabin filter
- New fuel pump relay
- New air injection pump relay
-New oil pressure relief spring
-New fuel pump fuse
-New Coolant lid (it was coolant stand around its neck)
- New oil filter and changed oil 2 times (because I filled Techron after first time, then oil filter got dirty again after just turned engine on without driving)

-Replace seal O-Ring for Intercooler Hose and Y Pipe (On this right here on the driver side, it is loosing a little where the rubber hose connects metal Y. Is it possible air getting from here?)

- One bottle of Techron complete fuel system filled into fuel tank.
-Mixed 100% gas with 93% gas 5/5

- Did test battery

-check all fuses on driver side wall.

Please Help! Much appreciated!

(Please taking easy, I am female LOL. I bought this car for my husband 8 years ago for his birthday. It just been like decorating object in the garage with less than 1k mile driven in 8 years. And around March this year, he turned on less 10 minutes instead of waiting for engine gets warm, he took off and drove less than 1 mile and it stopped and still can drove home. And after that the engine will not turn on with MAF connected nor without MAF with many cranks before it started. Then, he did all things above since. I registered here before but forgot my old user name).
Old 11-12-2018, 08:01 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Wow, that is quite a story and quite bit of work. Do you have a device to plug into the OBD port and read codes?
Old 11-13-2018, 08:09 AM
accted
Intermediate

The car did not drive that far to get code. Could not do any thing because It has been raining everyday here. I will try get code again by start the engine sometime today.

Thank You.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:26 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Is the fuel pump running? You should be able to turn the key, but dont Crank the engine, only to when all the lights light up, you should hear a fuel pump pumping up to pressure then stop. If it does you prbably are getting fuel,
Old 11-13-2018, 09:02 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 304 Likes on 210 Posts

I will go one step further. I bet you that the fuel pump hose has failed. Pumping or not pumping> I would bet that it's fuel pump related.
Next is mice eating the wiring harness. It is happening more than we'd like to admit.
And welcome back Macster.. Have you decided to trade that Hellcat in for a 997TT or ??
Old 11-13-2018, 09:58 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I am thinking mice as well.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:23 AM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like a split fuel hose on the fuel pump. Should be an easy fix. Worth replacing if not done already for prentative measure. I plan on doing this today.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:29 PM
accted
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kevinmacd
Is the fuel pump running? You should be able to turn the key, but dont Crank the engine, only to when all the lights light up, you should hear a fuel pump pumping up to pressure then stop. If it does you prbably are getting fuel,
Yes. The fuel pump running. It sounds try to get fuel but could not.
Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 911 tt turbo