Sponsored by:

Show me your wings!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 04:25 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 991 Posts

Originally Posted by T10Chris
Wouldnt be there without your help and guidance..

Im going to do the RUF front or GT2 front eventually to help up front. I've got a few other projects to deal with first (engine, etc). I've got the wing trimmed back to where it is at it's low drag configuration. I may add a second pair of dive planes if it is causing understeer at speed to help balance it out until I can do the radiator flip stuff.

I'm always open for new ideas, would love to check out the splitter you mentioned.
Here are pics of the splitter I mentioned. Again, it's a legit race splitter designed for significant downforce at the track to complement a huge RSR style rear wing. I will most likely end up using this for NASA time trial with a larger wing than what I'm running now, maybe 68 or so. The body of the front splitter is made of phenolic and attaches to the front suspension subframes and front section has telescoping supports which tie into the aluminum front bumper support. This allows the front section of the splitter to flex up during contact with curbing and such. The underside of the splitter lip has thin metal skid plates to protect it from wear and tear. You can easily stand on the splitter without damaging it. The ground clearance is very low but the whole splitter detaches with 4 quick disconnect bolts for easy removal when loading the car on and off the trailer at the track. The splitter has vertical side canards which tie into air deflectors (not pictured) mounted on the front part of the wheel well. This creates a low pressure area ahead of the wheel thus creating additional downforce. It's slick.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:45 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by coffeehead
Agree. I'm thinking of getting one of these and keeping my GT2 lid just in case I want to switch back.

Does anyone know who really makes this? It appears many vendors are reusing Wicked's photos, so I'm guessing they are the originators of the parts?
there are reasons they call themselves "wicked". steer clear, my advice.

agreed. great wing and perfectly proportioned. "over the top", but not too much. STREET or TRACK.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:07 PM
Byron in MS
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen

Squirrel Colugo 2 = my wings
Nice wings....how to attach to deck lid.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:59 PM
darr3239
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a larger wing that bolts onto the 996TT hardware. Looks like Misha Designs makes one but there's no price on their website and the "contact" section seems to be inorperative.

Anyone have their email, or suggestions by other manufacturers?

Quick Reply: Show me your wings!