Widowmaker Project - Building a GT2 Clone - Page 4 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Widowmaker Project - Building a GT2 Clone

Old 01-11-2019, 05:31 PM
TheDeckMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst View Post

Thanks, I have a set on my 2004 WRX STi, and the 'Rocco was a MK1 - 2.0l Huron head, Schrick cam, Bilstein BTS kit, etc etc etc... good times, as I recall...
Old 01-11-2019, 07:22 PM
manimal
Addict
Rennlist Member

You guys have good taste. I have their cousin for my other car, as well.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:26 PM
TheDeckMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by manimal View Post
You guys have good taste. I have their cousin for my other car, as well.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:28 PM
Mtrboatvr6
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looks awesome. Another VW guy here as well! I still have my MKIV GTI VR6 with a fully built 3.0 L. I actually have a Schimmel Intake sitting in my closet brand new since 2008. I was going to turbo my VR6, but ended up saving and buying my 996 Turbo instead. Sorry if I missed it but are you turboing the corrado, or NA? What do you think of the intake? I was thinking about doing a small project and just installing it in my N/A motor. Schimmel says it will make some power. Great garage!
Old 01-14-2019, 12:34 PM
TheDeckMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mtrboatvr6 View Post
Looks awesome. Another VW guy here as well! I still have my MKIV GTI VR6 with a fully built 3.0 L. I actually have a Schimmel Intake sitting in my closet brand new since 2008. I was going to turbo my VR6, but ended up saving and buying my 996 Turbo instead. Sorry if I missed it but are you turboing the corrado, or NA? What do you think of the intake? I was thinking about doing a small project and just installing it in my N/A motor. Schimmel says it will make some power. Great garage!

Nice!!! To put the Schimmel SRI on a Mk4 it takes a bit more work due to the throttle body being really close to the fan/battery from what I remember building a supercharger setup for a friend on his. Going N/A on the Corrado for now, I found the SRI and cams are the real way to make big N/A power if you have standalone to really dial it in. Just putting the SRI on a 12v with a chip picks up ~20hp! Originally built the motor for 700hp, but with having the 996/997 to solve the speed bugs a nice N/A light car was the direction that it is headed for now.

A TT downpipe with the SRI are the way to go, what cams are you running on the 3.0?
Old 01-14-2019, 03:18 PM
Mtrboatvr6
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheDeckMan View Post

Nice!!! To put the Schimmel SRI on a Mk4 it takes a bit more work due to the throttle body being really close to the fan/battery from what I remember building a supercharger setup for a friend on his. Going N/A on the Corrado for now, I found the SRI and cams are the real way to make big N/A power if you have standalone to really dial it in. Just putting the SRI on a 12v with a chip picks up ~20hp! Originally built the motor for 700hp, but with having the 996/997 to solve the speed bugs a nice N/A light car was the direction that it is headed for now.

A TT downpipe with the SRI are the way to go, what cams are you running on the 3.0?
Currently running 268 Schrick cams. Yeah I remember there being some interference with the fan shroud. Interested to hear if you have any more advise!
Old 01-14-2019, 03:35 PM
TheDeckMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Currently running 268 Schrick cams. Yeah I remember there being some interference with the fan shroud. Interested to hear if you have any more advise!
268's are the way to go, that is what I am currently running in this motor with an S2 MetalWerks header.

I'll see if I can dig up some pictures of the setup on my buddies Mk4 for you
Old 01-14-2019, 03:52 PM
Mtrboatvr6
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheDeckMan View Post
268's are the way to go, that is what I am currently running in this motor with an S2 MetalWerks header.

I'll see if I can dig up some pictures of the setup on my buddies Mk4 for you
Fantastic! Much appreciated! Yeah I really enjoy the car. Its not at all fast, but for what it is and the tech it had at the time its really fun. The cams bring on power at 3k and pull all the way up. Quite fun in something that sounds that incredible. Im running a Peloquin LSD and RE71Rs so there is 0 possible chance of wheel spin haha
Old 01-14-2019, 04:55 PM
TheDeckMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Fantastic! Much appreciated! Yeah I really enjoy the car. Its not at all fast, but for what it is and the tech it had at the time its really fun. The cams bring on power at 3k and pull all the way up. Quite fun in something that sounds that incredible. Im running a Peloquin LSD and RE71Rs so there is 0 possible chance of wheel spin haha
The raw sound of a VR6 is quite an experience, sort of why staying n/a with it. The manifold and 6" velocity stack put it up there with ITB VR6's, just listen to them sing! Running a old close ratio VWMS gear set that tops out at 140 with a Peloquin, back when it was supercharged the short ratio transmission always made up for being 100hp down vs all the VRT's. The car will just have door cards and a carpet in it to lighten it up as much as possible while staying with the steel body panels. Ideal target weight should be around 2400-2500lbs with 200-230whp depending on how wild I tune the standalone up for.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: