AC/911's
Banned

Received 94 Likes on 49 Posts

Just Wanna Leave Up & turn Off.........
Old 12-06-2018, 09:15 AM
HTX996t
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Another second here for the eRam kit. Works great and the instructions are great, worst part is that the engine cover bolts suck, had to drill them out and use some Jclips to attach the liner back.

It is so fun to punch the go fast button and watch the wing come up.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:48 AM
RennKit-Dave
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 169 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by HTX996t
Another second here for the eRam kit. Works great and the instructions are great, worst part is that the engine cover bolts suck, had to drill them out and use some Jclips to attach the liner back.

thanks HTX! Fortunately the spinning nut problem is rare. I wonder what causes it, perhaps year round use in northern climates where road salt is used, near the ocean, etc?
http://rennkit.com/
  • Patented eRam Kit™ for 996/997 Turbo & Carrera GT wings
  • Cal*Cool™ - brake cooling 996/997 / Bluetooth Retrofit Kit™ for 1998-2011 cars / Wing Extenders™ 987 Cayman / 997 Turbo
  • AUTO-BLiP for MT / Function F1RST Shift ***** / Girodisc 2-piece rotors / OS Giken LSD / Phenix suspension / Zunsport grills / 997/987 switches/PCM ***** / Border Coilovers
Old 12-09-2018, 11:05 AM
HTX996t
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RennKit-Dave

thanks HTX! Fortunately the spinning nut problem is rare. I wonder what causes it, perhaps year round use in northern climates where road salt is used, near the ocean, etc?
For a point of reference/data point mine was a Texas car with 104k miles (at least 90k mikes in TX, that’s all I could confirm). It was only bolts in the center of engine cover, so I would imagine it is weather/water related, but perhaps not necessarily salt.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:33 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

for 1500+ bones it damn well better work perfect.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:03 PM
HTX996t
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RngTrtl
for 1500+ bones it damn well better work perfect.
Fair-but these are not cheap cars! With that said-the eRams appear very well made-at least as nice feeling as the hydraulics that failed. The machining reminds me of the Numeric shifter I have yet to install-almost too nice to hide! I don’t want to speak for Dave here, but I can’t imagine the economies of scale are there to bring the prices much lower anyways.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:30 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Fair-but these are not cheap cars! With that said-the eRams appear very well made-at least as nice feeling as the hydraulics that failed. The machining reminds me of the Numeric shifter I have yet to install-almost too nice to hide! I don’t want to speak for Dave here, but I can’t imagine the economies of scale are there to bring the prices much lower anyways.
dont get me wrong, its a great product and is a much better design than what Porsche came up with. Pricey, but great. For that kind of money I would rather redo the suspension though, but thats just me. Lets be honest, unless you are traveling well past the speed limit, the spoiler doesnt serve much purpose other than to look cool moving up and down.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:25 PM
Evolution
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 50 Posts

Send to Kevin for rebuild. He's a rare bird these days: 100% engineer and 100% Customer service, therefore 200% reliable, unlike these ridiculous systems.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:19 PM
jimstav
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, I could use some help along these lines. I have Dave's Rennkit solution and the spoiler worked fine for about 6 months, but now won't go up either automatically or with the dash switch. I get the dashboard warning light while driving and when using the switch. Using the switch will activate the green LED on the Rennkit micromodule, but that's it. I put 12 volts to each eRAM motor and they do activate. I did some troubleshooting with Dave and at this point he feels it's not a problem with the Rennkit, but another part of the system. So far I have replaced the 'UP' relay and no help. Can anyone offer some guidance on how to further troubleshoot?

Jim
Old 01-19-2019, 01:30 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Originally Posted by jimstav
Guys, I could use some help along these lines. I have Dave's Rennkit solution and the spoiler worked fine for about 6 months, but now won't go up either automatically or with the dash switch. I get the dashboard warning light while driving and when using the switch. Using the switch will activate the green LED on the Rennkit micromodule, but that's it. I put 12 volts to each eRAM motor and they do activate. I did some troubleshooting with Dave and at this point he feels it's not a problem with the Rennkit, but another part of the system. So far I have replaced the 'UP' relay and no help. Can anyone offer some guidance on how to further troubleshoot?

Jim
Do you have the electrical schematic for the wing system. Im pretty sure ive seen it here before.
https://rennkit.com/rennkit-home/996...als-brochures/

This would be a good place to start.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:31 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,437 Posts

I would start by checking the power connections to the RennKIt components and maybe run a new power line.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:12 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

You have proven all eRam components are working. Since neither the switch nor the speedo ECU send the wing up, there is a high probability it is the dash switch itself. They are known to go bad, aren't that expensive either. Try Suncoast.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:11 PM
MezgerTT
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
the ebay "fixed ram kit" AKA a 170$ bag o' bolts lol. i bought the kit like 9 years ago, before i figured out how to re-bleed the system.
What he said. Less is more. Less weight, more speed. Less downtime, more enjoyment. Less cost, more race gas.

And if you like to race your TT in ovals, you can tilt your wing to look the part!

Old 01-20-2019, 06:44 PM
jimstav
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your replies.

Carlo, I tested the power line with the key on to the fuse connector and across the fuse.

Dave, operating the dash switch lights the LED on the micromodule. Might it still be the cause? It certainly is easy enough to swap out.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:48 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,437 Posts

It seems like either the dash switch or the eRam module is bad.

@Dave is there a way to independently trigger the module?

Quick Reply: 996TT Rear Spoiler Warning Light Problem