Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front bumperette removal

Old 08-10-2018, 04:01 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Pliny

So I bought the car with front bumperettes. I tried to do a search but couldn’t find anything on how to remove them. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
If you don't find an option here, search through some of the posts on the 993 board. Removal of those bumpers is a mod sometimes done on the 993. Fortunately for the 993, they are in line with the fog lights, so the solution is an air intake with additional fog light enclosure that covers the hole. However, maybe there is a company that provides the 993 fix that will have some ideas or a product that will work on your TT. That 996 bumper location would be a good place for an additional fog light or a pseudo air intake. Just a thought.

Here's one of many threads.
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...r-install.html

Old 08-20-2018, 02:28 PM
Rustler
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 55 Posts

You may have already decided on a course of action, but for what it's worth, I looked long and hard at this and decided that replacing the front bumper cover (and right and left inlet grills) was the best solution in the end. I bought the new cover and grills, and brought them to local body shop for paint, install and clear bra. All in $2,800. Also a good chance to clean out the radiators. I kept the old warty bumper in case a downstream purchaser is obsessed with originality.
Old 08-21-2018, 03:45 AM
Pliny
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rustler
You may have already decided on a course of action, but for what it's worth, I looked long and hard at this and decided that replacing the front bumper cover (and right and left inlet grills) was the best solution in the end. I bought the new cover and grills, and brought them to local body shop for paint, install and clear bra. All in $2,800. Also a good chance to clean out the radiators. I kept the old warty bumper in case a downstream purchaser is obsessed with originality.
which bumper did you end up getting?
Old 08-21-2018, 12:44 PM
Rustler
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 55 Posts

I bought a new OEM bumper, OEM grates for right and left, and an OEM spoiler/lip (if yours is in good shape it can reused, along with the center grate and tabs. I believe I ordered the parts from Suncoast Parts, a Porsche dealer in FL, and had them shipped to the body shop. However, I just went to Suncoasts website and it says you have to call to order body panels, so either that changed in the last year, or I ordered them from somewhere else and don't remember. Body shop wasn't thrilled about me ordering the parts, but after some pressure they relented. Labor for paint, install and clear bra was like 8 hours.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:06 AM
Pliny
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Rustler. $2,800 to remove the warts is more expensive than human warts Might just wait to run into a deal on a GT2 SY bumper.

Thanks to everyone's input!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front bumperette removal