996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo seal failure - down the rabbit hole

Old 10-17-2018, 09:01 AM
NoogaSparrow
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Why not consider billet K16's from Kevin? more power and quicker spool than stock K24's right?

But if you're X50 then understandable that it could raise questions in a sale...

My opinion is to go the reputable seller route, I went the cheap route in the past with an 'up and coming' shop, and although their warranty was great, the hassle when I had to use the warranty of removing the turbos and all associated parts was not worth it... even at my young age (at the time). I should have just gone a reputable route.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:31 AM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by NoogaSparrow
Why not consider billet K16's from Kevin? more power and quicker spool than stock K24's right?

But if you're X50 then understandable that it could raise questions in a sale...

My opinion is to go the reputable seller route, I went the cheap route in the past with an 'up and coming' shop, and although their warranty was great, the hassle when I had to use the warranty of removing the turbos and all associated parts was not worth it... even at my young age (at the time). I should have just gone a reputable route.
At the time, there were 2 sets of K24 turbochargers for sale here on Rennlist -- one was an hour's drive away. Neither seller answered my PMs. Serious performance mods to my parts was beyond my budget. But the billet impellers make a difference i can feel, so once the new leak is fixed, I'll be happy for a while.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo seal failure - down the rabbit hole