Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chasing a Gallardo on track today

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 01:45 PM
gtred
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's been a good long time since I've been at SIR/Pacific. That lower section can really get busy when you push it! The condition of the track surface looks a little better than I remember... back then the concept of track maintenance was to merely paint the potholes with yellow spray paint. Great video; Thanks!
Old 03-19-2018, 01:56 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by 911mhawk
Thanks for posting up the video, you'll be a handful when your car's back together!
I really need to check out the Ridge, it's just such a freaking haul down there, then back after tracking all day.
Learning curve is gonna be steep haha. Stock suspension and AWD to fully setup car with RWD. I'll have to take it easy for a day or two.

The Ridge is great.. This is from my first time out there, still learning the track and playing with the lines a bit so my times are ****, but had a lot of fun... Got scolded earlier in the day for being too aggressive/too fast closing speed on traffic so I was really cautious getting around people. Too fast on a race track

Old 03-21-2018, 01:21 AM
oldturd
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gtred
It's been a good long time since I've been at SIR/Pacific. That lower section can really get busy when you push it! The condition of the track surface looks a little better than I remember... back then the concept of track maintenance was to merely paint the potholes with yellow spray paint. Great video; Thanks!
i believe they repaved a lot of it, in particular turn 2 so you're seeing a lot faster lap times.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:38 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by oldturd
i believe they repaved a lot of it, in particular turn 2 so you're seeing a lot faster lap times.
Yep, I used to run mu old M3 out there and it was fast as snot because the stock suspension handles horrible track surface very well, like most older bmw's .

Last edited by 911mhawk; 06-19-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Chasing a Gallardo on track today