Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many miles would you be comfortable with?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 12:26 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

my car at 150k is tighter than a wannabe hollywood actress. once was.

oh and btw. it never rains in SoCal, any more.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:45 AM
Montescew
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
my car at 150k is tighter than a wannabe hollywood actress. once was.

oh and btw. it never rains in SoCal, any more.
Dagger, I almost thought the rain out there could potentially be my ticket to an early retirement.

I feel like you’re referring to Lindsay Lohan.

Last edited by Montescew; 02-23-2018 at 01:33 AM.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:26 AM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks guys and yes, I feel lucky to have found it. Rain or shine Southern California is always a great place to shop for a car. There are so many really nice cars out here. But no matter what you have, there are always hundreds of guys with something rarer, faster, and more disireable than you. I have always said that if you want to feel poor, go to Supercar Sunday in Woodland Hills on any week - unless it rains. Most places it would be a treat to see a GT3 RS, I have seen four of them side by side. Once a month they focus on a particular segment or manufacturer. When it's Porsche day, they'll be an entire giant mall parking lot overflowing with Porsches. If it isn't there, it probably wasn't ever built. Jerry Seinfeld has brought some pretty cool cars there. And that's just at Supercar, there are so many different cruise-ins - everywhere.

Sorry. What I'm getting at is that there are just so many cars here that it is just easier to get "lucky". Because of the weather, even 20 year-old cars look nearly new underneath making it way easier to spot issue and work on them if there is one. It is more rare to spot a rusty car than see a Bugatti, really. The down side is that because the sun is so constant and strong that UV damage to paint, plastics and soft trim is evident quickly for cars that don't see the inside of garages. And it is not uncommon for people to park their $100K Porsches outside a garage packed full of Chistmas decorations and $500 worth of old furniture.

The internet makes it just as easy for you guys to find cars as myself. Flights to LA are often and cheap - and it's not like there aren't a million other things to do here while you're in town. Good luck!
Old 03-16-2018, 10:19 PM
Greenking
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased a 02 turbo last summer with 295,000 km And happy I did. I understand that's it's high mileage but I have owned cars pushing well over 300,000 km and totally happy with them

Like some said on here it close to a 20 year old car so parts are bound to break and wear out . Don't stress the little thing because you'll always be fixing something, just drive the car . With this many km it's a car that is meant to be enjoyed.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:00 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Also a great meet is first Sunday of every month at trancas market on pch.

Lots of local GT RS cars and a 911r I drool over. Some cool local pcar folks there.. and it actually rained some since I posted lol

Quick Reply: How many miles would you be comfortable with?