Sponsored by:

cheap weight loss

Old 02-13-2018, 04:37 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by RngTrtl
Sadly, even though I have you blocked your dumba$$ argumentative comments still pop up in quotes.
Then don't read my quotes in people's posts.

PM me and tell me what is "dumba$$" about my comments here. Take it off the public forum and discuss your opinions with me via PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:28 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Received 719 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
So how do they get the accident reconstruction data? My neighbor is an engineer who works at a company that among other things does accident reconstruction. The data they gather and engineering they do, for legal purposes, is very complex and takes a lot of on-site work, vehicle assessment and overall engineering to produce relevant data.

The last time one of my vehicles was totaled, it was simply hauled off to the crash lot to be crushed or sold for parts. There was no accident reconstruction. No one on Earth has any idea what happened to the car or its individual parts as a result of the crash, meaning there is absolutely no data regarding the consequences that the impact may have had on any part of the car.
It's not that difficult. Many cars are analyzed for collision dynamics.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:33 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,431 Posts

Originally Posted by RngTrtl
Dont feed the troll, it only makes them argue more.
I prefer to think of it as poisoning the troll.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:34 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by s65e90
It's not that difficult. Many cars are analyzed for collision dynamics.
Please be more specific.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:38 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
I prefer to think of it as poisoning the troll.
Please increase dosage! Ill unblock him and reblock him from time to time in threads like this to see if he is still the same, and lo and behold nothing has changed. Dude is committed to his troll craft thats for sure! It would be funny to write a little script to auto reply random stuff to his comments, but im sure the board has some sort of rule against it. C'est la vie i guess.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:42 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

RngTrtl - No PM yet (didn't think you would).
Old 02-13-2018, 07:02 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Please be more specific.
Every manufacturer extensively tests their cars crash worthiness and the collision damage and how different impacts affect diff areas of the car and most importantly the interior cabin. People also do this after accidents in many different fields.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:46 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,461 Posts

OK, this ship of a thread has taken a hard turn to starboard and crashed right into the docks...

Let's see if we can get it back on a true course? Has anyone installed their part yet? Anyone get it cleaned up yet? How about just a picture of the dirty parts ordered. ANYTHING really.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:49 PM
RDS928S
Rennlist Member

Received 677 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
OK, this ship of a thread has taken a hard turn to starboard and crashed right into the docks...

Let's see if we can get it back on a true course? Has anyone installed their part yet? Anyone get it cleaned up yet? How about just a picture of the dirty parts ordered. ANYTHING really.
My rear sub frame cross member is at shop now for de-greasing etc. Will post pics soon & after install.
At the same time i will have installed .9 lb EB Werks rear wing adjustable mounts for additional weight savings in the rear.
Porsche Wing 12-way adjustable Mounts 996 Turbo
  • Eliminates heavy hydraulic system, this system weights .9lb.
  • Much less expensive then the OEM hydraulic system.
  • Secure way of holding your wing at very high speeds.
  • OEM look.
  • Easy installation.
  • 12 way adjustable to your liking.
  • Extends up to 35mm higher then stock for adjustments needed at the track
  • Instructions provided.
  • Instructions provided to disable error for wing failure.
  • Spanner wrench to remove oem hydraulics from wing, now included.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:55 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Every manufacturer extensively tests their cars crash worthiness and the collision damage and how different impacts affect diff areas of the car and most importantly the interior cabin.
Of course they do. They are required to. But my discussion with Carlo involves real world crashes, and in those cases it is critical to have data from the crash before making judgements regarding the structural performance of a single part.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:01 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz

good idea. It rained all weekend on me last weekend so with some luck I will get it installed this weekend and report back. I was thinking about super cleaning it, but I am going to B-12 the crap out of it and call it day. Due to its location it will dirty quickly me thinks anyway.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:26 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,068 Likes on 1,180 Posts

So how do they get the accident reconstruction data?
real world crashes, and in those cases it is critical to have data from the crash before making judgements regarding the structural performance of a single part.
In Europe car manufacturers have teams on call who travel to the scene of accidents. I've read my reports on these teams and amazingly they often show up before first responders and law enforcement.

It's also not uncommon in Europe for auto manufactures to collect wreckage once the insurance companies are done with them to further study the effects of the incident on their vehicles.

IIRC Volvo was first to start such a team:
https://www.media.volvocars.com/glob...sreleases/5303
"Every time a serious accident involving a Volvo occurs within a 100-km radius of Göteborg, the Traffic Accident Research Team is alerted via the official emergency switchboard – day or night."

On that note, are you done de-railing this thread with semantics and anecdotal banter? That really wasn't a question, it's a suggestion. Please allow those actually interested in these modifications discuss doing so without the unnecessary side banter and comments.
OK?
Old 02-13-2018, 09:08 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Of course they do. They are required to. But my discussion with Carlo involves real world crashes, and in those cases it is critical to have data from the crash before making judgements regarding the structural performance of a single part.

I said they do after as well. Prior gives them all the info they need before releasing to the public and gaining approval for road use. During certain crashes after on the road for a while, yes some are still analyzed for the collision theory. (I do this kind of work).
Old 02-13-2018, 09:11 PM
s65e90
Drifting

Remember Dock, you're also stating something referring to accident reconstruction which applies more to determining negligence, crimes, etc. and less on the vehicle itself. Certain people still study collision theory, metallurgy, and why things do what they do in a crash.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:17 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Remember Dock, you're also stating something referring to accident reconstruction which applies more to determining negligence, crimes, etc. and less on the vehicle itself. Certain people still study collision theory, metallurgy, and why things do what they do in a crash.
I am fully aware of all of that. But to make a determination whether or not a specific piece of the car has been over engineered (as in the case with the steel cross member talked about here in this thread), the dynamics of the crash must be understood. Seeing a specific piece of the car, whether in pristine condition or in damaged condition, does not speak to the engineering of that piece without supporting data. Did the cross member fail and if so did it fail because the design limits of the piece were exceeded? Or did it fail and the design limits were not exceeded. Those are two very different outcomes, and neither are really nailed down without the dynamics of the actual crash, as well as the availability of the other parts.

So when someone states that Porsche gets (all?) damaged cross members in the process of the car being repaired and engineering is done that leads Porsche to conclude that the piece was over engineered, it is ignoring the fact that other data is needed before being able to draw an engineering conclusion. This is why I asked if Porsche not only gets the damaged cross members, but also the supporting crash data dynamics. PAG may well get all of this data. I don't know if they do. That's why I asked.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cheap weight loss