996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watch Vid & Tell me what you think Plz!

Old 03-12-2018, 12:43 PM
Shadetree930
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I would say at $55 he is just about right.

This is an 'unmodified' enthusiast owned car and looks to be well maintained with no stories.

Not many of those around any more.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,260 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadetree930
I would say at $55 he is just about right.

This is an 'unmodified' enthusiast owned car and looks to be well maintained with no stories.

Not many of those around any more.

Yes Sir. That's what draws me to it. Plus the fact that it's like 15 miles local to me and so is the servicing dealer.

He'll find a buyer at around that price, even if it's not me. I do truly wished it had black interior though. It'd be mine if it did.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:46 AM
vogz
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I will echo most of what has been said here and add more observation. Super clean car, don't care for interior color. Wheels look great. Priced too high.

He claims Bilstein Coilovers, but the video clearly shows that the car has Bilstein B8 non-adjustable dampers and standard lowering springs (probably H&R) That's the exact setup I have on my car and it looks identical.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:10 AM
pop.tremuloides
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ENJOY the ride!

But not a fan of the color combo but then again I like Blue on Grey.

Obviously the owner took really good care of her and by the way AWESOME wheels!

Be happy with it and once you get the time for a bit of time...REMOVE the front bumper and CLEAN out the radiators and stuff. It is an easy couple hours , if that, in the garage.

The best thing is that the guy actually kept all the parts and have the others for you.

ENJOY and I might have missed this but did you get the other wheels with it???

Either way nice find........

Edit, the portion of your video at 14:24 for the "cig area" is really worn....you can probably replace that from Suncoast or another vendor if you are looking to make it REALLY nice.

Another issue is the Stereo.....If you are looking to have "connectivity" the MOST system is a pain in the butt. On ours the previous owner had already "tapped" into the changer so we didn't have to replace anything.

Last edited by pop.tremuloides; 03-17-2018 at 01:21 AM. Reason: reviewed video
Old 03-17-2018, 02:38 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pop.tremuloides
ENJOY the ride!

But not a fan of the color combo but then again I like Blue on Grey.

Obviously the owner took really good care of her and by the way AWESOME wheels!

Be happy with it and once you get the time for a bit of time...REMOVE the front bumper and CLEAN out the radiators and stuff. It is an easy couple hours , if that, in the garage.

The best thing is that the guy actually kept all the parts and have the others for you.

ENJOY and I might have missed this but did you get the other wheels with it???

Either way nice find........

Edit, the portion of your video at 14:24 for the "cig area" is really worn....you can probably replace that from Suncoast or another vendor if you are looking to make it REALLY nice.

Another issue is the Stereo.....If you are looking to have "connectivity" the MOST system is a pain in the butt. On ours the previous owner had already "tapped" into the changer so we didn't have to replace anything.

Thank you for the reply, but You must have missed some of my post's. I've not purchased the car. Was def. looking at doing so, prior to my purchase of my Black 01 in my avatar. Then he contacted me again with a lower price since he found another car he wants. After having read more replies, I agree that it's prob. a $50K car at most (for any sort of a "deal"). However, if I'm going up that high, I might as well go for the 997tt I really want.

Great car for someone though. If anyone want's his contact info, let me know via PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:47 AM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I bought mine for a lot less with a lot less miles on it.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:00 AM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

david the color is obviously really bothering you. have the car wrapped and enjoy the 996tt you have thats paid for in cash and a blank slate for any mods you want to do. the 20k$ difference in price will transform your car from a fun oem car into a track /street slayer of just about any sub 1000 hp car out there
Old 03-17-2018, 12:27 PM
my04996tt
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

With that mileage and interior color, 47-50k is probably more realistic.
Don't think you will find a decent 997tt for less then 65k.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:19 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Stephencs601
I bought mine for a lot less with a lot less miles on it.
Congrats! I know there are deals out there.

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
david the color is obviously really bothering you. have the car wrapped and enjoy the 996tt you have thats paid for in cash and a blank slate for any mods you want to do. the 20k$ difference in price will transform your car from a fun oem car into a track /street slayer of just about any sub 1000 hp car out there
Yes the color is, but also just really wanted a 997. But you have a good point and we've talked about that. I need to research wraps, colors, and pricing.

Originally Posted by my04996tt
With that mileage and interior color, 47-50k is probably more realistic.
Don't think you will find a decent 997tt for less then 65k.
Yes, I figured $50K would be max for me to pay (even if I wanted to get another 996 vs. going 997.
I figure a 997 I want would def. be in the low 70 range.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:51 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,717 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
I don't always agree with 32krazy, but I think he's exactly right on this one... Once you get the new turbo running right (boost check, new plugs if they aren't recent, tune for a start) I think your lust for a Silver 7T will wane... Had mine out today for a bunch of miles, absolute blast! And while I'm not a huge fan of wraps, if that is all that is really missing on the turbo, go for it!
Old 03-18-2018, 01:35 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pfbz
I don't always agree with 32krazy, but I think he's exactly right on this one... Once you get the new turbo running right (boost check, new plugs if they aren't recent, tune for a start) I think your lust for a Silver 7T will wane... Had mine out today for a bunch of miles, absolute blast! And while I'm not a huge fan of wraps, if that is all that is really missing on the turbo, go for it!

It had a major 60K service receipt in the binder, so I think / assume the plugs were done recently.
Few small things bug me, but yes color and "swirls" in the black paint are the #1 for now since it seems to run really well.

I'll check on a wrap in Silver / Mat Silver. Might be worth the money instead of paying for lots of professional paint correction.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:33 AM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
It had a major 60K service receipt in the binder, so I think / assume the plugs were done recently.
Few small things bug me, but yes color and "swirls" in the black paint are the #1 for now since it seems to run really well.

I'll check on a wrap in Silver / Mat Silver. Might be worth the money instead of paying for lots of professional paint correction.
paint correction can be expensive but with a simple d/a polisher some mild compound and lots of patience black can be dialed in to look simply amazing. virtually impossible to burn the paint with a d/a and the results can be fantastic. i have a porter cable d/a and some great polish your welcome to use them.
take the swirl out of the paint and the car will shine better than any silver car could ever hope to.

fyi i had a lambo orange matte wrap on a turbo i parted out and any grease that gets on the wrap sticks like glue. the car had smudges all over it and had to be removed. cant say i would any matte finish

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Watch Vid & Tell me what you think Plz!