Watch Vid & Tell me what you think Plz!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 11:40 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by Road King
Nice ride.

I agree...$60K is a lot of dough for a silver/grey 55K mile car. Fancy wheels aside, it's a $50K car. His unwillingness to negotiate means he doesn't want to sell this car.

Did you read this post below, that's a well bought car @ $48K. I would think you're looking for a deal like this:
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...he-s-here.html
Yeah, I was trying to see if he was bluffing me and just "acting" as if he didn't care if he sold. I think I may just tell him were I am on price and tell him to contact me if he ever decides to sell again.

I'll look at that link. I think I did it if it's the one I'm thinking of. Polar / Black for 47.7K. Yes, I'd love a deal like that.

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
IMHO this car in that color combo and mileage is not worth $60k. It is only a $50k-ish car. You could find an X50 for $60k which would suit your plan better and appreciate more.
Good point also. Heck, for 10-12K more (since I'm financing some of it) won't make much difference and I could land a decent 997tt.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:02 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

If you like the color combo and plan to keep it for several years, an extra $5k or so is not a big deal for a one owner car in great condition with no iss

At​​​​​ the age and mileage you could still end up needing to spend some on leaky spoiler rams, radiators, PS reservoir, slave/accumulator, hoses, plugs/coils, ignition switch, leaky differential... basically all the stuff they all may need after 15 years. If this stuff hasn't been done, someone will get to do it.

​​​​​​
Old 01-21-2018, 08:07 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911mhawk
If you like the color combo and plan to keep it for several years, an extra $5k or so is not a big deal for a one owner car in great condition with no iss

At​​​​​ the age and mileage you could still end up needing to spend some on leaky spoiler rams, radiators, PS reservoir, slave/accumulator, hoses, plugs/coils, ignition switch, leaky differential... basically all the stuff they all may need after 15 years. If this stuff hasn't been done, someone will get to do it.

​​​​​​

Good points also!

Thank you.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:18 PM
my04996tt
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Agree with others, with so many miles this isn't a $60k car. Low $50's is more realistic. If it had x50, rare options e.g. paint, and under 20k miles, Yes on a good day. Maybe in 5 yrs it will be a $60k car
Old 01-24-2018, 12:23 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

no way in hell that car is worth 60k to anyone else but him.
https://goo.gl/bZta8d
here is damn near the same car in the same area for about 15 THOUSAND dollars less. that guy is nuts wanting 60k for that car.

Last edited by RngTrtl; 01-24-2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: added link.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:27 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RngTrtl
no way in hell that car is worth 60k to anyone else but him.
https://goo.gl/bZta8d
here is damn near the same car in the same area for about 15 THOUSAND dollars less. that guy is nuts wanting 60k for that car.
The car in the link you posted is just up the road from me. That dealer had issues with that car when it first got there. I was looking at a 997 that same dealer had. No saying anything bad about the dealer. The owner is a good guy. Just that that particular car had issues. They may have repaired it, but it scares me.

Originally Posted by my04996tt
Agree with others, with so many miles this isn't a $60k car. Low $50's is more realistic. If it had x50, rare options e.g. paint, and under 20k miles, Yes on a good day. Maybe in 5 yrs it will be a $60k car

I just text the owner and let him know I'd have to keep shopping. He stated that this was his sign he needed to keep it anyway. He said he'll just keep focusing on his race car and keep this for his nice street toy.

The Search goes on!!
Old 01-24-2018, 10:26 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
The car in the link you posted is just up the road from me. That dealer had issues with that car when it first got there. I was looking at a 997 that same dealer had. No saying anything bad about the dealer. The owner is a good guy. Just that that particular car had issues. They may have repaired it, but it scares me.
That's good information. It just goes to show that sometimes there is a reason why two seemingly similar cars have different asking prices.

Last edited by Dock; 01-24-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:43 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

What kind of issues? Unless its bad drivetrain damage related most issues can be dealt with for a reasonable cost. There are several great shops in the ATL area.

I just text the owner and let him know I'd have to keep shopping. He stated that this was his sign he needed to keep it anyway. He said he'll just keep focusing on his race car and keep this for his nice street toy.
The Search goes on!!
Glad to hear. Find the car you want for the price that is market value.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:04 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

What kind of issues? Unless its bad drivetrain damage related most issues can be dealt with for a reasonable cost. There are several great shops in the ATL area.

Glad to hear. Find the car you want for the price that is market value.
I just remember the sales guy telling me it was inbound and then later telling me they were having "running" issues with it and thought it was a bad motor. Saying the owner was going to make the auction take it back. Later the story changed to something like an easy fix after it was running "rough". Either way, the stories and auction stuff just had me worried. I never bothered with it.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:07 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

I just remember the sales guy telling me it was inbound and then later telling me they were having "running" issues with it and thought it was a bad motor. Saying the owner was going to make the auction take it back. Later the story changed to something like an easy fix after it was running "rough". Either way, the stories and auction stuff just had me worried. I never bothered with it.
not a bad decision at all. I wonder if it would have been worth having an indy look at it for a few hundred bones. by most accounts the motors are pretty stout and it is at least possible that it could have been something simple.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:14 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

not a bad decision at all. I wonder if it would have been worth having an indy look at it for a few hundred bones. by most accounts the motors are pretty stout and it is at least possible that it could have been something simple.
True... Well, it's still there. Maybe I'll go take a look.
Not crazy about the Carbo Fiber interior stuff though.
I'll keep shopping either way.

Thanks man!
Old 03-11-2018, 05:03 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Bumping this thread. Yes, I bought a car already but many here no I am truly a Silver car lover. The owner of this car had decided Not to sell after I told him I was going to pass. He just text me saying he was going to purchase a 964 and asked if I'd be interested in this car again at $55K (down from 60).

I did plan on eventually selling my Black 01 and upgrade to a newer, lower miles, Silver 996/997TT.

If he'll come down to low $50's or right around $50K, I might have to consider selling mine and grab this one. This car has the new suspension and expensive exhaust that mine doesn't have and will need if I start modding. Hmmm.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 543 Posts

IMO, the Graphite Grey interior just doesn't work with Polar Silver; it's a color clash.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:17 AM
Montescew
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The seller of this car has high expectations!

Last edited by Montescew; 03-12-2018 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dock
IMO, the Graphite Grey interior just doesn't work with Polar Silver; it's a color clash.
I agree as well. I'd have to tint the windows to make it look better from the outside.

Originally Posted by Montescew
The seller of this car has high expectations!
Agree as well, but it's the one owner, well cared for by Goldcrest thing that makes me want it.

Quick Reply: Watch Vid & Tell me what you think Plz!