Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voltphreaks Group Buy

Old 01-14-2018, 06:30 PM
clsund1
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Voltphreaks Group Buy

If anyone has been thinking about getting a Voltphreaks Li battery, nows a good time. We're already close. Only need two more to activate GB price of 15% off. Link to GB:

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...-discount.html
Old 01-14-2018, 06:34 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 155 Likes on 110 Posts

ive already got a voltphreaks battery so im not much help in the group buy, but i will vouch for it being an excellent product. made a huge difference in how the front of the car feels as well with all of the weight savings.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:49 PM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by T10Chris
ive already got a voltphreaks battery so im not much help in the group buy, but i will vouch for it being an excellent product. made a huge difference in how the front of the car feels as well with all of the weight savings.
Physics is physics but I don't see how a 35 lbs weight savings - especially behind the front axle - can make a "huge" difference. I might even think this will affect handling for the worse in a rear-weight biased 911. Can you shed a little more light on this for me?
Old 01-15-2018, 01:37 AM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KM1959
Physics is physics but I don't see how a 35 lbs weight savings - especially behind the front axle - can make a "huge" difference. I might even think this will affect handling for the worse in a rear-weight biased 911. Can you shed a little more light on this for me?
I went with a VPH750, 5.5 lbs vs 50 lbs.. Total weight I saved was 51 lbs on shipping scale from battery to battery including the battery bracket/hold down pieces.. I removed the steel battery hold down setup and built a custom aluminum piece that saved some weight on that as well...

maybe because that weight is relatively high up compared to the rest of the front end and the battery is in line with the shock towers so it effects how weight is transferred into the suspension/body roll, but that's just taking shots in the dark without doing some geometry calculations.

as far as how it feel... it feels lighter and more nimble on turn in. i havent been on track going all out since the swap, but even simple driving around town or at a fun cruising pace on some mountain roads it was noticeable. maybe i notice it more because my car is more geared for track days and turn in is something Ive always felt the car lacked so any improvement is appreciated. it certainly doesn't hurt the handling.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:28 AM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

I went with a VPH750, 5.5 lbs vs 50 lbs.. Total weight I saved was 51 lbs on shipping scale from battery to battery including the battery bracket/hold down pieces.. I removed the steel battery hold down setup and built a custom aluminum piece that saved some weight on that as well...

maybe because that weight is relatively high up compared to the rest of the front end and the battery is in line with the shock towers so it effects how weight is transferred into the suspension/body roll, but that's just taking shots in the dark without doing some geometry calculations.

as far as how it feel... it feels lighter and more nimble on turn in. i havent been on track going all out since the swap, but even simple driving around town or at a fun cruising pace on some mountain roads it was noticeable. maybe i notice it more because my car is more geared for track days and turn in is something Ive always felt the car lacked so any improvement is appreciated. it certainly doesn't hurt the handling.
You'll really love the feel after you ditch the diff
Old 01-15-2018, 03:12 AM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by clsund1
If anyone has been thinking about getting a Voltphreaks Li battery, nows a good time. We're already close. Only need two more to activate GB price of 15% off. Link to GB:

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...-discount.html
Darn you, thanks for the reminder about these spendy things...
Old 01-15-2018, 09:53 AM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

OK, thanks!

A few weeks ago I drove a 991.2 GTS and it definitely felt lighter up front than a (heavier) 991.2 Turbo. Since I hadn't driven one of those in awhile it must be REALLY noticeable. I've heard others call it more "tossible" which up until then didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I'm thinking this is what you're feeling as well.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:44 PM
mbaran
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lighter wallet too!
Old 01-15-2018, 02:06 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 285 Likes on 196 Posts

I'm sorry, but unless you have spidy senses, I can't see you noticing this driving around town in a street car.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:08 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
I'm sorry, but unless you have spidy senses, I can't see you noticing this driving around town in a street car.
I can certainly notice the difference in a 7-10 gallon fill up.
While it's more weight, it's also lower in the car where is should be less noticeable.
Would imagine noticing 40lb off the top of frunk requires less than spidy capability, although knowing Chris, he may be pretty close to spidy.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:00 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
It is noticeable going over bad or broken pavement and uneven bumps more so than actual cornering at city/around town speeds. The wheel simply feels lighter in those situations. It is noticeable improved feel on turn-in if you're going into a turn with any sort of speed at all.

I could be making it up, but seeing as how I have spent/currently spend a lot of time in my field of work translating actual car physics into realistic feedback for pro-level simulators, I doubt it's in my head. Maybe I am slightly more tuned in on feel than average driver, but anything relating to "feel" is subjective in the first place.. I like numbers over subjectivity, but I'm too lazy to do the math/research measurements and calculate the effective changes in force since I've already done the upgrade.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:33 PM
clsund1
Instructor

We need just one more to activate GB pricing!
Old 02-04-2018, 12:47 AM
clsund1
Instructor

GB pricing activated. If anyone is thinking about purchasing, Rennline will honor the GB pricing until 2/5.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Voltphreaks Group Buy