Sponsored by:

All the washer fluid leaked out 05'TTS Cab

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 01:17 PM
Daytonaman
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default All the washer fluid leaked out 05'TTS Cab

Washer fluid just leaked out from the bottom left front fender well.
Car has not moved lately; just found a puddle on the floor.
Looks hard to access that area; looked under the hood, and bottle /area is dry, so maybe it might be coming from the headlight washers.
Any easy way to find the leak? Never used the washers anyway
Old 11-24-2017, 02:02 PM
Jferrante
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytonaman
Looks hard to access that area; looked under the hood, and bottle /area is dry, so maybe it might be coming from the headlight washers.
the washer fluid bottle is behind driver front wheel well. pull the liner (back portion) and I am guessing the sensor popped out which could cause all the fluid to spill out
Old 11-24-2017, 10:14 PM
champignon
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jferrante
the washer fluid bottle is behind driver front wheel well. pull the liner (back portion) and I am guessing the sensor popped out which could cause all the fluid to spill out
Don't know the exact layout of the windshield washer system in these cars, but I had a similar experience with my 2000 BMW Z3M Coupe, which was sitting in the garage over the winter and the next thing I knew the garage floor around the passenger front wheel was all stained blue.

The entire windshield washer system, all plastic, had essentially rotted away and needed to be replaced, to the tune of around $800. That car would be roughly 3 years older than yours is now, however it was always garaged by its first owner and I am the second, also garaging the car all the time. So depending on how your car was stored all of these years, your reservoir and or plastic tubing could be shot and need replacement.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:31 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytonaman
I the leak is in front of the driver's wheel then you have a leak in the headlight washer system. If it's leaking aft of the front wheel, then you have an issue with the reservoir tank itself. In case you need any parts, I have a fully functioning system that I removed from my car to save weight.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:39 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,461 Posts

I've had the washer hose come loose on a previous 996... And my previous Cayman S. Not uncommon. They then intermittently **** blue washer fluid all over your garage floor. Should be pretty obvious what is wrong once you get access.

If that is it, it is easy to re-attach, though a bit of a pain to jack up the car, remove the tire, loosen the wheel liner, etc....

Quick Reply: All the washer fluid leaked out 05'TTS Cab