Sponsored by:

Turbo won't start....

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 01:25 AM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
Ok. I'll contact the SA and if the tank isn't buttoned up have the lift hoses/etc replaced.

Update: Just got off the phone with the SA. He says the car is finished ready to pick up. He'll talk to the tech to find out what $damage$ it is to replace the venturi tubes/hoses/siphon jet things at this stage.

Unless I get a break on labor I will probably just let these go and deal with them when (if) they are a problem.

Update 2: SA called me. Tech said the hoses will probably last the life of the car. I know you (editorial you) guys say otherwise but I do know some problems other Turbo owners experience seem to give me a miss. Granted not many but some. A few. Well, ok, hopefully this one.

The SA says the tech said it is a fair bit of work (read $$$) to replace those hoses. They look to run over $200/each which is not the most expensive Turbo parts I've been faced buying.

The SA said the tech said to drive the Turbo and get the Boxster booked in and fixed and back home and then if I still want the jets/hoses/etc replaced he'll have a quote for me in a day or two.

So, I'll pick up the Turbo tonight after work and give it a shake down and if the Turbo is ok leave the Boxster in place of the Turbo. Tomorrow AM I'll stop in and settle up and get the Boxster in to have that pesky P1128 error addressed.

After I get the Boxster back I'll see what the quote is.

Questions for those that have been down this road: Does the fuel tank have to come out of the car? Does it have to be drained? The tank is nearly 3/4 full. I guess I am wondering just what level of work is involved in replacing those hoses/jets/etc? The fuel pump replacement seems to be a pretty straightforward job. I don't even think the tech got his hands in gasoline (well, of course he wouldn't anyhow as he wears gloves but you know what I mean).
when hw pulled the fuel pump assy out to replace the pump it was another 3-5 minutes to pull the sump assy out . they simply lay in the saddles of the tank and attach to the assy. thats why i suggested they get replaced while the fuel pump assy was out. now you get to pay the 4-5 hrs they charged you the first time all over again

and just so your aware you paid 400 plus for a complete assy for the fuel pump when a 225 walbro and a few solder connections would have been just as good if not better. cost would be 105$ for the pump.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:01 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,463 Posts

Dealer tax, no surprise. Look at what they charge to do comparatively basic work like pads/rotors or plugs/coils.

Quick Reply: Turbo won't start....