Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gotta love the boost leaks video and pics help

Old 11-06-2017, 01:45 AM
uwrasta
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default gotta love the boost leaks video and pics help

So I went to check for boost leaks and air is coming out what I believe porsche is calling the over run airvalve module which is connected to a hose right before the turbo on the drivers side (the hose you take off to attach whatever leak apparatus you are using)
when I increase pressure air is just escaping from that hose. I'm trying to figure out why??? I did this same test on another turbo I owned and no air ever came out??? I've included video so you guys can see what I'm talking about. So part number 14 in the 1st pic is the hose and I'm thinking part 19 in the 2nd pic is what attaches to it. I've tried to follow where that hose connects but it goes up into the abyss of nothingness. I pulled the intercooler off to see if I could get better line of sight but no dice (I have to change the post cat o2 sensors anyway and might do plugs and coil packs). is there a check valve somewhere that's gone bad???? if so is it on the diagram???

Not sure if dropping the motor a bit and wiggling it will give me line of sight so I thought I'd ask. I know there's so smart ****'s on this site and I"m sure this has happened before.

Is there a check valve that this connects to that's gone bad that goes to throttle body??? who freakin knows. Help me out fellas!!!!

thanks

rd

PS glad to be in the turbo game again!!!! bought with just ppi and pics and not quite what I expected but it seems to run out fine. Just a lot of little **** that adds up to time and money. but a little extra work and pacific northwest weather gives me time to F around with it (at least it doesn't pop out of 2nd and the lines are pinned).

I am able to boost to about 7/8 bars and it pulls strong.

anyway enough jibber jabber. give me your thoughts please!!!!!

Not sure if the video is going to show up so here's the link if not:

thanks in advance!!!!!!

Attached Images   

Last edited by uwrasta; 11-06-2017 at 01:47 AM. Reason: posted 2 videos
Old 11-06-2017, 05:25 AM
rabbit1445
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should be a blown check valve which is #16 in your second picture (Part# 99611013570). One end of the valve connects to a nipple on the plenum via a short hose and the other end to the hose that you are getting the air out of. This check valve can be accessed by slightly lowering the engine.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:52 AM
uwrasta
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: gotta love the boost leaks video and pics help