Who here has driven the 991 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 12:07 PM
Lance 4c
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Berra
I €™d love a 991.2 Turbo S! I €™d get PDK even if they offered manual.

Why? Because I have a 996 Turbo manual!
Kind'a what I am thinking!
Old 11-10-2017, 12:27 PM
oceancarrera
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The real thing is you can get the sensation of speed with both the PDK as you can with a manual. so what's left is how much you enjoy shifting gears. It's fun and rewarding until someone says 'lets go to the city or the same'....first thought, 'Oh no what about shifting in traffic!'
Taking long trips to unknown destinations for fun are dampened by the 'Oh no what about shifting in traffic!
The only remedy is to get the 991 GT3 manual and drive both except with 'destination traffic anxiety' with the GT3
My brother got caught trying to escape the Florida hurricane with 12 hours of stop and go traffic all the way up to Atlanta!
I bet a manual would have been fun and rewarding....help!!
Old 11-10-2017, 07:20 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

One thing to note about the epic depreciation that traditionally afflicts the Turbos: apparently Porsche got the joke now, and I read that they're restricting the production of the .2tt to the point that if you want one you have to get the dealer order for you if he has an allocation, but often he doesn't, so he has to shop around for one with other dealers and all that crap. Sales seem to be solidly planted in a tight range very close to MSRP. This is apparently in part to give the turbo back some of its halo status which it had lost with all the GTx cars.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:06 AM
oceancarrera
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ 'epic depreciation?' I see 2001's to 2005's in the 50 to 100 grand or so depending on mileage. The truth is 200 grand plus cars just don't sell as much as you may think.
The people who can afford them are generally older perhaps into a big Mercedes 4 door instead of a street race car.
You are probably thinking on how the stealers bang you on trade in....ridiculous!

Quick Reply: Who here has driven the 991 Turbo?