Sponsored by:

PS Hydrolic Fluid / Line - Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 10:26 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Default PS Hydrolic Fluid / Line - Update

Well, I was on track with the 6GT3 on Saturday and the day was basically smooth. I put in around 1/5 of the Liter of fluid to start with. Did my first session and checked the cap. I noticed a little fluid around the reservoir of the cap. Maybe the cap was not tight enough. No issues on the track with the power steering.

After the 3rd session I was pretty much done for the day and let the car sit as I continued with my instructor duties. Afterwards, I pulled the car on the trailer and noticed white smoke around the muffler which was because some fluid was dripping. My guess this was the PS fluid hitting the muffler while it was hot. I did not noticed any real issues during the day, but when it was up on the trailer I noticed the smoke??

Opened up the rear deck lid an noticed the silver crimping was a little wet and probably a little fluid was leaking out of the hose where they to meet.

I will continue to monitor for my next track session at Watkins Glen. Just hate to take out the engine for this issue. Seems like the coupling and hose connection could be repaired for a lot less than taking the engine out.

Quick Reply: PS Hydrolic Fluid / Line - Update