Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really looking forward to this new project!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 02:27 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 352 Posts
Default Really looking forward to this new project!

Started pulling the car apart last night. Hope to have the full 997 exhaust system and cup bumper test fitted by the end of the weekend so I can get the bumper to paint early next week. Took some time to assemble all the parts but I'm hoping the end result will be worth the wait! I'll update this thread with my progress and impressions! If nothing else I know I'll be happy with the sound, as this is the exact set-up I ran on my former 7.1 gt3 and I was just perfect with no discernible loss in torque, great throttle response, and droning only in a short rpm range in the mid-2,000's. (edit: sorry for the sideways pics...not sure why my phone posts photos like that sometimes).
Attached Images   
Old 04-07-2017, 06:53 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Just acquired a bumper for my car as well, as excited as you are to embark on the project. Going for a bit louder setup with long tube headers so it's going to take a bit longer but it's the last piece of the puzzle for my Gt3.

Swine11 ReBoot - 964 / 993 Shift Boot Trim Panel

2004 996 GT3 | 1986 Carrera 3.2 (future Keen Project) | 2016 Cayenne Diesel

Old 04-10-2017, 01:42 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottArizona
sorry for the sideways pics...not sure why my phone posts photos like that sometimes).
as i take off my tin-foil lined hat, I'll say it's a conspiracy between apple and google to mess with each other.

i have the same issue often also.
iphone photo's usually show up 90 degrees off in Chrome.

Last edited by cgfen; 04-10-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:18 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Ok, about halfway done. Only issue so far is getting the post cat o2 sensors to reach across the engine to the opposite side post-cat sensor location. The problem is that because of the 996 exhaust design where the cats "cross over" each other, the harness for the sensor on the driver side contain the driver's side pre-cat sensor, but the passenger side post-cat sensor, and vice versa. I was able to stretch and re-route the post-cat o2 sensor wire from the driver's side harness to extend to the proper location on the pass. side cat, but I am waaaaayyyy short of getting the harness and wiring for the driver's side post-cat sensor to reach all the way from the passenger side (where the harness exits the body into the engine compartment all the way to the post-cat location on the driver's side cat. Gonna post a new thread asking about whether its ok to swap the post cat sensors side to side. Hopefully that works because if not I'll have to start splicing, which is risky because I think one of the wires of the harness is shielded.

How did everyone else who has done this solve this issue?
Old 04-16-2017, 11:47 PM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

OT: how did you remove 250lbs from the lambo?!
Old 04-17-2017, 01:16 AM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Backmarker
OT: how did you remove 250lbs from the lambo?!
Lw battery, 11lb ti exhaust, heat shields delete (heat wrapped exhaust piping), engine dress up panels delete, rear wing motor delete (added superleggera wing), front trunk "clean up", secondary air pump delete, washer system delete, and the big one: rwd conversion (deletion of front diff, axles and drive shaft drops 115lbs of mostly rotating weight right there!)

Quick Reply: Really looking forward to this new project!