GT3-RS pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 10:03 AM
Asarus
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3-RS pics

Hi Guys,

I'm used to post on the 944 Turbo forum but i think these pictures can interest you

New GT3-RS

I took the pictures last week in a French Porsche Center
Old 10-21-2003, 10:38 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

well thanks for the pix, now if porsche would just bring the car to USA.

it's the perfect ride for mr. nut.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:50 AM
Fozzy
Instructor

Good man. Very tasty indeed, but got to say - what the hell is it with the 2004 GT2/GT3 and the CF wing and mirrors? Shocking. Gets worse every time I see them. Although my German is pretty rusty, I wonder if this is all a very dubious taste PAG joke and what we've got here is actually the limited edition GT3-ReiS.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:09 PM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by watt
... if porsche would just bring the car to USA.
Oh stop moaning Watt. There really isn't that much difference between the GT3 and the GT3RS. Very few would be noticably faster in one than the other. I frankly don't think the difference justifies the price.

At least the USA does get the GT3. So be happy!

Stephen
Old 10-21-2003, 01:18 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by FixedWing
Oh stop moaning Watt. There really isn't that much difference between the GT3 and the GT3RS. Very few would be noticably faster in one than the other. I frankly don't think the difference justifies the price. At least the USA does get the GT3. So be happy!
Very well said, Stephen. That is absolutely correct.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:03 PM
Asarus
Pro

As you said, not a lot of differences between the GT3 and GT3-RS... i'm really disapointed with that... i wish it would have a stock roll cage, harness, etc... but no...
Old 10-21-2003, 06:37 PM
Asarus
Pro

And you can see pictures of a blue GT3-RS here

http://www.club911.net/modules.php?o...read&tid=10280
Old 10-21-2003, 08:21 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Fozzy
Good man. Very tasty indeed, but got to say - what the hell is it with the 2004 GT2/GT3 and the CF wing and mirrors? Shocking. Gets worse every time I see them. Although my German is pretty rusty, I wonder if this is all a very dubious taste PAG joke and what we've got here is actually the limited edition GT3-ReiS.
I kind of like the CF wing and mirror's. I think it would look rather dapper on my seal GT3...Just my humble opinion...It's stronger and lighter than stock so it can't be all that bad.

By the way, how much would it cost to retrofit that Deutsch Rice??? Is it available for order in the US???
Old 10-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

keep checking the carnewal site. I'm sure Gert will have the upgrade parts as soon as they are available. Don't forget to order the CF front hood while you're at it.

Karl
Old 10-21-2003, 08:32 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Karl S
keep checking the carnewal site. I'm sure Gert will have the upgrade parts as soon as they are available. Don't forget to order the CF front hood while you're at it.

Karl
Let me guess....hmmm...$12,000 for the package??? Ouch!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 08:33 PM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Asarus
As you said, not a lot of differences between the GT3 and GT3-RS... i'm really disapointed with that... i wish it would have a stock roll cage, harness, etc... but no...
According to the Porsche website, the GT3 RS has all the same safety features as the GT3 Club Sport, including the bolt-in bar/cage and 6-point harnesses. And I quote:

"The entire cockpit area in the new 911 GT3 RS is designed with the racetrack in mind. All interior equipment found on the 911 GT3 Clubsport can also be found here.

Key features include a bolt-in roll-over bar that can be easily extended to form a fully enclosed competition roll cage. All components are supplied ready to install as part of the standard package. For added protection, the standard bucket seats have a flame-retardant fabric finish.

Other standard equipment includes preparation for a battery master switch, a six-point racing harness for the driver’s side, and a fire extinguisher with mounting bracket. The standard three-point belts and six-point harness are supplied in the same colour as the exterior decals and logo.

Alcantara can also be found on the three-spoke leather steering wheel (providing additional grip), the gear lever and the handbrake grip. The steering wheel incorporates a full-size airbag and offers manual reach adjustment.

The glove compartment featured in the standard GT3 has been removed to minimise weight."

Karl
Old 10-21-2003, 09:21 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Why not just get a GT3 cup car for the track and regular GT3 for the street?
Old 10-22-2003, 04:16 AM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Riz
Why not just get a GT3 cup car for the track and regular GT3 for the street?
Why not get a GT3 Cup car and put license plates on it ... that's what I want to do.

Stephen
Old 10-22-2003, 05:36 AM
Asarus
Pro

Originally posted by Karl S
According to the Porsche website, the GT3 RS has all the same safety features as the GT3 Club Sport, including the bolt-in bar/cage and 6-point harnesses. And I quote:

"The entire cockpit area in the new 911 GT3 RS is designed with the racetrack in mind. All interior equipment found on the 911 GT3 Clubsport can also be found here.

Key features include a bolt-in roll-over bar that can be easily extended to form a fully enclosed competition roll cage. All components are supplied ready to install as part of the standard package. For added protection, the standard bucket seats have a flame-retardant fabric finish.

Other standard equipment includes preparation for a battery master switch, a six-point racing harness for the driver’s side, and a fire extinguisher with mounting bracket. The standard three-point belts and six-point harness are supplied in the same colour as the exterior decals and logo.

Alcantara can also be found on the three-spoke leather steering wheel (providing additional grip), the gear lever and the handbrake grip. The steering wheel incorporates a full-size airbag and offers manual reach adjustment.

The glove compartment featured in the standard GT3 has been removed to minimise weight."

Karl
The Porsche website is wrong... there is no rollcage and no harness in this GT3-RS...
Old 10-22-2003, 08:36 AM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Asarus
The Porsche website is wrong... there is no rollcage and no harness in this GT3-RS.
Nop. You are wrong.

The front part of the cage, harness, etc. are not TUV approved in some countries (for example, Germany) and so comes seperately to the car itself. The car you saw had not had these fitted yet. Whether they will be fitted by the dealer will depend on the local legislation.

For example, my friend Ulf picked up his car in Germany. These parts were not fitted and were either handed to him in boxes or sent back to Sweden. In Sweden, where the car is registered, the cage is legal and the dealer will fit the front portion of the cage there.

I have only seen the back portion of the cage (the roll bar). I was quite impressed with it. I can see why it is FIA approved.

Stephen

Quick Reply: GT3-RS pics