Sponsored by:

GT3 passenger compartment rattle

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 12:16 AM
yongster
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 passenger compartment rattle

I know there have been a lot of discussion regarding various noises produced by the GT3. Mechanical noises from the suspension/engine/LSD don't bother me, however, there is a rattle from the front of the passenger seat area (not from the seat belt) and I cannot isolate it. It seems to eminate from the dash, roof liner, or A-pillar area. Does anyone have a guess?
Old 09-17-2003, 12:39 AM
ADOGNY
Racer

I had the same problem. My girlfriend and I found it to be the area between the door pillar and airbag region. Seems like the leather in the dash is rubbing ever so slightly due to the tight suspension and making that "creaking" noise. I dont know how to stop it, but when she is with me I had her press firmly on the dash in that area and it stopped temporarily. Try that and see if you have similar results.

Adam
Old 09-17-2003, 09:13 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Youngster,

A few drops pf WD 40 should do the trick, at least that's what dealers use and then chagre 4 hours labour.

Ciao,

Johannes E.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:53 AM
twisted
Advanced

FWIW .. TSB's from previous 996's can be applied to the area, 'cloth tape', my dealer did this for me over the weekend for the area's between the dash/vents/A-pillar. The other area that has shown up to rattle is the doors, the white clips that hold the door panels on rattle, so a little 'foam tape' in the area of the clips takes up the space.

Quick Reply: GT3 passenger compartment rattle