Sponsored by:

GT3 Lowered seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 09:13 PM
Johninrsf
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GT3 Lowered seats

I have a GT3 on order for March delivery, but recently saw one currently for sale with the color and all the equipment I wanted except that it had lowered seats. The dealer couldn't provide any information on the difference between the lowered and standard seats.
I have since found out the seat is lowered 1/2 inch by taking out some padding. My two unanswered questions are (1) how does this affect comfort in any way (if it doesn't affect comfort, then why not make the seat that way in the first place?), and (2) how would visibility be affected for a person 5'9" tall?
Any information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 09-17-2003, 12:55 AM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can still adjust the seats upward so I doubt the thinner cushions would cause you a problem. Regarding comfort, you could always get an upholstry shop to add some more padding if you think it's needed. At a cost significantly less than what Porsche charges to take it out.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:04 AM
yongster
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 5'9", and my regular sports seats are almost at their lowest position. You should have no problems wrt. height adjustment with the thin cushion seats.

Quick Reply: GT3 Lowered seats