Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Watt's Gt3 Was Slow

Old 09-16-2003, 11:01 AM
fahren affair
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DoubleNutz
Per Ferry Porsche- the car you drive daily should be a car you can drive for sport.
amen brother

my p-car is driven daily,when the GT3 arrives it will pressed into daily use as well. nothing gives me more smiles per mile than my 996. the best part of my day is often the drive to and from work. my clients also get a kick out of being tooled around in it. it has sort of become my calling card "you know, the guy with the black Porsche..." And to say driving a GT3 daily is a waste? to make a garage queen of it is a waste.

Last edited by fahren affair; 09-16-2003 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:06 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Having driven both the GT3 and the TT today, I have to agree that this car can definitely be driven as a daily driver, but I would'nt, not because it's too stiff, which it is not IMHO...It's because it's such a refined machine that I would not want to rack up miles on it just to drive it to work. I have a Cayenne for that. I too think Americans are getting a bit too soft these days... they want racing car handling yet get the comfort of a caddy. It must be too much of the (softy) liberalism taking hold in this country. Okay, let's leave politics out of this. This car is awesome...Just turn the ignition on and you know you are about to drive something special. The sound is so sweet and that feeling was null and void when I started the stock TT. In all fairness, I have not heard or driven a 700Hp modded TT, but in it's stock form, I feel that the GT3 is the way to go. Fortunately, I can stop trolling the turbo board to figure out if I should I should go TT or GT3 which has been discussed ad nauseum. They are very different cars for very different people. I can't wait to buy one this January, no matter what the cost...within reason of course.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why Watt's Gt3 Was Slow