Sponsored by:

Getting New Gt3 ...Need Info Please !

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 06:58 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now, there's a practical, no nonsense suggestion!
Old 09-08-2003, 07:11 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

ad nauseum.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:17 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Hey watt, I missed the part of the initial post/question where the writer said he was looking for an open road racing and mountain driving car. Must be my eyesight again. Oh, and I also must have missed the part about also considering a TT and GT2. Hmmm, my eyes must be worse than initially thought. So yes, for going open road racing, go with the GT2. For anything else, go with the GT3.

Oh and Watt, I find it funny that you are such a hardcore open road racer, but don't know enough about suspensions to know where to set the toe. Not only that, you don't know enough to use the advice given to you by my friend Roland. So please, forgive my skeptism of your advice.

Trojan man, I am afraid if you were more secure in your choice of vehicle, you may not feel the need to defend it so vehemently. How would your GT car do against the 550/575, the DB7 and the other real GT cars it competes with? Pretty funny you mention the M3 and TT in the same sentence, I certainly didn't do that.

So anyway, they are all great cars, just some are greater than others.

watt's hero,

E. J.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:35 PM
brh986
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Hubert
Why not just pick some intermediary, bring the three cars, and have an objective party post their impression; a non-owner would be best. Either that, or take all the talk to the track, and compare lap times set by a hot shoe pro in one of each... seems like this bench racing stuff goes too far into personal to serve any appreciable advisory purpose.
That would be

1.) GT2
2.) GT3 (not by alot)
3.) TT
Old 09-08-2003, 07:46 PM
Hubert
Instructor

Originally posted by brh986
That would be

1.) GT2
2.) GT3 (not by alot)
3.) TT
By lap times, I agree. But , there's still a lot talk about which car purveys more of a visceral experience, which one "feels" the best, which one has the most suitable handling demenour, which one is "too stiff" for everyday use, which one is "too soft for track use, which powerband is most usable, turbo lag, etc. etc. etc. etc., and the majority of the commentary comes from owners who , no matter how impartial they try to be, will have some emotional sentiment to each respective car.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:51 PM
brh986
Burning Brakes

Well most visceral and most suited for every day use I'd say are pretty much mutually exclusive.

I think it's pretty clear that (while subjective) the order for most "visceral" is still:
1.) GT2
2.) GT3 (perhaps much closer to GT2 than in lap times)
3.) TT

By the way I don't own any of them
Old 09-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

page 64-68 june issue of excellence Karl, Interview w/ harmut kristen, the gt3 project leader he's the guy you should contact, after you read him w/ some amusement!!! he even comments on the pccb's noticeable impact on p 67!!

Ad nauseum and God Bless!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:40 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Unfortunately he comments that the PCCB provides a noticible change in how the car reacts over bumps due to the reduced weight but that, due to the very low volume involved, "we would have to accept a compromise and not devise a different set of springs and dampers for cars fitted with PCCB brakes."
Old 09-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

I read the article several times when it came out and reread it again tonight. Darn if I don't keep missing the part where Harmut "readily admits" the GT3 is too soft for the track.

Karl
Old 09-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

ej

roland hasnt given me any advice, he runs a 4wd ruf. he's told me what he runs but it's not directly transferable. he is trying to get further input from the open road experts for me.

but since no-one else has any experience in gt2 at 165 mph for 100 miles sustained at a time, i'll have to ultimately validate or develop it myself.
unless you have run a gt2 in nevada? i'd love to have and respect any input you have.

i am admitting i don't know the answer that why i seek input from others.

Quick Reply: Getting New Gt3 ...Need Info Please !