Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 07:25 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by watt
cartridge,

fake in that to use your word it's decoration, not functional, i agree that's it's real carbon decoration.
Watt: You're just jealous -- I know you really lust for a carbon fibre interior for your GT2.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:30 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

jack,
josh gave me the carbon stickers, i'm set.

gert may have gt2 ps2's! waiting for a price. he does not have cups
Old 08-19-2003, 09:34 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Jack, I think the Carbon door sills are real, (ie solid and not applique.) Love the Carbon look!
Old 08-26-2003, 01:44 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

jack if i buy that red gt2 with carbon, you can have it all and be double carbon!!!!
Old 08-27-2003, 03:18 PM
GTR 993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bottom line is the "new" marketting group is getting younger and trying to appeal to the Fast & Hillarioius crowd. I would not drive a f-ing Porsche with Fake Carbon Fiber mirrors and the Carbon Fiber wing looks horrible. I'll stick to the older P-Cars even older than the one I sold recently. I think I am going to look for a early 90's Turbo and keep it all original minus a Turbo upgrade and suspension maybe.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:58 AM
kwb
Advanced

I have a 94 3.6 turbo for sale..... It's the real deal as far as I'm concerned.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:30 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

kwb,

i think your 02 gt2 is the real deal as well
Old 08-30-2003, 05:13 AM
kwb
Advanced

thanks watt- I love the car!

I look forward to meeting up with you guys sometime. I'm down in San Clemente but there is a great sushi place in malibu that I like - Nobu.

Ken
Old 09-02-2003, 12:42 PM
LSM
Racer

Originally posted by dark knight
Limited production, I dont think so, Wiedeking himself said that the GT2 was not a limited production vehicle. This was said at 2001 Detroit Autoshow, I know, I was there. What does it matter if a car isnt limited production? to me a car isnt a gold chain accessory, I could care less if someone else in town has one, as for resale, let me tell everyone here all cars depreciate, with few exceptions i.e Enzo and Carrera GT (maybe) but overall if you can afford this kind of car you can afford the depreciation, and if you want to make money then cars arent the smart choice. When will they stop making the turbo, when demand drops, there isnt some limited amount of years they cant go past. As for The carbon tail, I like it! It's one of the neat things about Porsche you can personalize your car, as for limiting production why do it?, to make specualtors happy? I wish a GT2 for all my Porsche friends

Dark Knight
'02 GT2

I would agree, I guess I do not care if someone else in town has the same car but, when Porsche or any manufaturer goes to its best customers offers them a "limited" car, the customer wants it "limited" The initial buyers pay list or more expecting a limited car. When it is not limited, it hurts resale values badly, in a sense alienating your best customers. If I bought one of the original "limited" gt2's, I would be pissed as hell they made so many. BMW faced the same problem in the 90's and was suied and lost. I do not know the exact story, feel free to correct me, but the series was supposed to be limited and extremely rare. Well,,demand was initially high and BMW continued to pump them out, making it one of the most depreciating BMW's ever.

-Lou

EDIT----, I wrote "series" above there should be an "8" before series. It should read ..."but the 8 series was supposed to be limited and extremely rare"
Old 09-02-2003, 12:52 PM
LSM
Racer

Originally posted by stv951
Konstantin wrote:
"Wait till you see the new time at Nürburgring.
the same with the new Gt3. only 22 HP more but as fast as a Gt2 at Nurburgring and much fatser than the older GT3. "

Have you read the latest Sport Auto SUPERTEST that compares the new M3 CSL against the new GT3 around the Nurburgring and at Hockenheim ? The M3 is 4 seconds faster. Its the first time in years that Porsche loses on "the Ring". That is no good news to me. I used to be proud that all the cars (Carrera 2, turbo, GT2, and GT3) were the fastest in their class, and Porsche cars held the records. Not anymore...

I've mentioned this before, but the reason for the time difference and win for BMW is all in the tires. The M3 CSL uses Pilot sport cups, track tires for the street. The GT3 uses street tires that can be used on the track. BMW could not lap the Nurburgring in under 8 as they said they would. Instead of tweaking, they put the sport cups on the car and presto, under 8. What BMW did was underhanded at best and cheating at worst.

-Lou

Quick Reply: 2004 GT2 a laugher